Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id imagine most would like to not be without a truck for 3-6 weeks and have their trucks ripped apart

Makes sense. Counter would be if the additive just delays the need for a repair until after the warranty expires and then you wind up footing the bill for the repairs on top of providing a vehicle for the down time. Guess you never know.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK here is the engine after being treated Friday, engine ran on Friday for 2 hrs, then sat from Friday afternoon around 17:00 until 13:21 today. More than 24 hrs with no fluid circulation. One note my engine does sound louder than most as my exhaust is modified, custom manifold, downpipes, and Corsa cat back exhaust. Once the engine has gone through start up you can hear the difference in the sound as it is much more quite than normal, untreated engine fluids.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LiggQASX92kGkeAX6

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Results are in from the first engine treatment. We are having a call with the lab to discuss since they are confused on how I was able to have my engine oil look like this after 7500 miles. Currently not having any rattle on the second run when treated. Here are my results from our first test. To answer their questions, yes the product did reduce the viscosity some, as it is designed to do.

Attachments

• 2018 Raptor Oil Analysis- JAN2020.pdf
    777.4 KB · Views: 23

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that fix didn’t last long...5000 miles after having SSM 48272 done the rattle seems to be back....

dreuter

Reaction score
Picked mine up this morning they are on to ssm 48455.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.