Cam Phaser/ Engine Failure Poll

Have you had or have a cam phaser or engine failure on your Gen 2?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know my dealer lets it slide if I don't specifically ask if they will have a loaner for me. As long as I make a point to tell them I need a loaner, they have had one for me.

Yea, I specifically told them I wanted a loaner. I had a talk with my salesperson afterwards and politely made it clear I was disappointed with them on that. It will definitely affect my future purchasing. Groove Ford is about 30-50 minutes from my house. I took the truck there so I could get a loaner. If I had known a loaner wasn't available, I could have taken it to a closer dealer. In hindsite, I should have just taken my truck back home and booked an appointment with the closer dealer.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I specifically told them I wanted a loaner. I had a talk with my salesperson afterwards and politely made it clear I was disappointed with them on that. It will definitely affect my future purchasing. Groove Ford is about 30-50 minutes from my house. I took the truck there so I could get a loaner. If I had known a loaner wasn't available, I could have taken it to a closer dealer. In hindsite, I should have just taken my truck back home and booked an appointment with the closer dealer.

Yes, if you were told you would get a loaner, obviously you should get a loaner. Knock on wood, for me, so far, so good. I haven't needed much.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you were told you would get a loaner, obviously you should get a loaner. Knock on wood, for me, so far, so good. I haven't needed much.

Yea, but it's a "you can't be blood from a turnip" issues. At the end of the day they simply don't have a loaner to give. It's not the end of the world though.

I did hear back from the dealer a minute ago and my Raptor most definitely has the Cam Phaser issue. Fortunately they also have the parts on hand right now. So they are saying they could have it back to me by Wednesday. I told them to take their time and I'd rather it be right than quick. I'm just going to chill out about the loaner and be thankful I work from home and have a Wrangler Rubi as a backup.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
….. I told them to take their time and I'd rather it be right than quick...

NEVER say this to a dealer or any shop. All they hear is "Great! We can put this one out back until we have nothing else to do, then rush it through same as if the customer wants it today."

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to change my vote from No to yes.
In addition to being without my Raptor for at least a week is the fact that Groove Ford in Denver claims they have a week wait for any loaner cars. WTF? I brought my truck back to the dealer I bought it from so I could get a loaner. They didn’t mention that crap even once when I booked the appointment.

Dealers here have always provided a rental when a loaner not available.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers here have always provided a rental when a loaner not available.

I'm not so lucky...

Or perhaps I am. I got a call from the dealer today saying the work is done, my Raptor is ready for pickup. I knew it would be relatively quick since they had the parts on hand. I'm going to go get her tomorrow.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Looks like Im going to be added to the list, noticed the sound at startup yesterday and confirmed it this morning. 2019 with ~11,600 miles and a 5/19 build date. Would post a video but I guess I cant do it directly to the site, oh well.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to change my vote. 2017 Raptor with 70,100 miles. Currently at ford taken apart. Waiting to hear back from ford about what needs to be replaced.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went in for cam phasers and left with a new long block under the floodford extended warranty. Not what I expected but pretty happy with the end results. Took a total of 15 days from start to finish.