Cam Phaser/ Engine Failure Poll

Have you had or have a cam phaser or engine failure on your Gen 2?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the phasers replaced 2 weeks ago. Going back to the dealer.. ran rough this morning. Just threw a cel and Codes:

P0018
P0021
U0252

Verruckt

Reaction score
Welp, add me to the list.

2018, about 16,000 miles, and its sitting in the shop torn down to have the cam phasers replaced.

No tunes, no mods.

Oh, and the A/C Compressor also shit the bed and blew or something, so its in there for that too -_-

Can't help but feeling that I should have never traded in my Gen 1...

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
….
Can't help but feeling that I should have never traded in my Gen 1...

Yeah, I can understand your feeling that way based on the feedback posted by the folks that have experienced the problem.

However, you should also know that this problem doesn't affect all the 3.5TT HO EB Raptors. Not a lot of consolation to those that do have the problem BUT, when fixed with the latest parts, yours should be better than new as well. The big risk is the dealer "service" goons f*cking up the parts replacement or by them "installing" additional problems.

I have my 2018 (new purchase in Jan 2018) with something over 50k miles now, tuned (ECU and TCM) practically the entire time with MPT then Cobb (fully stock otherwise), and it runs better than new with zero problems. I don't waste tire rubber with smoky burnouts, so I'm still running the original BFGs. Granted it's been mostly highway traveling miles with MANY drag strip launches, but they look about 1/2 tread remaining. I'll likely replace them (with the same OEM Load Range C BFG K02s) before or during the coming winter.