Cam Phaser debacle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt1998gt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the car in yesterday 2019 802a had the flash a few months ago issue came back two days after. They didn't mention any issues with parts just two weeks till it's done.

I have the ford platinum premium care, rental is covered for 10 days, hopefully they don't come back with extra delays, cause I'll be out of a truck for a little while.

For those of you with premium care, you must rent a ford, I got lucky and found one buts it's a BS rental option.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I really hope I'm wrong but it's seeming like my 20 has phaser rattle (build date of 03/20). Have been able to replicate it 2 mornings in a row now :(

Going to get ahold of my local dealer on Monday. Pretty bummed as I specifically bought a 2020 to avoid having the engine torn into. FML

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I really hope I'm wrong but it's seeming like my 20 has phaser rattle (build date of 03/20). Have been able to replicate it 2 mornings in a row now :(

Going to get ahold of my local dealer on Monday. Pretty bummed as I specifically bought a 2020 to avoid having the engine torn into. FML

That’s is not cam phaser rattle. Phaser rattle is a very distinct clatter that lasts only 2-5 seconds and then immediately goes away. What you’re most likely hearing is the high pressure fuel pump and wastegate rattle, which are normal and most audible on a cold start.