Cam phaser #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to get Cam phaser job #3. I keep my vehicle maintained, I have fun with it but never abuse it, only use synthetic oil, motorcraft filter, change oil early, and never drive it like a pissed off teenager. It has 120k miles and have endurance warranty coverage up to 150k. Never had a problem with them until now. These A-holes wanted every receipt of oil changes starting from 90k miles, bet they were surprised when I had every last one of them :birgits_tiredcoffeeDealer tore it apart and found scarring on the cam and recommended long block replacement. So the sent pics to endurance and even stated engine looks well maintained. So these A-holes sent their power train adjuster to take a look and denied my claim because of a CAI:banghead::favorites68::flame:. Full job out of pocket is $12k....so now I have to do a cam phaser bandaid job until I get rid of it, because it's no way in hell I can afford $12k for that fix. Guess I screwed myself, didn't think a CAI was that big of a deal. Even though the dealer told them the CAI had nothing to do with the failure. :rage:

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yikes!! That really sucks man. I've been debating about selling and getting a Gen2 but the cam phaser issues are troubling.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cam journal damage is not caused by phasers, but it can affect phaser operation.

What 3rd party warranty company is it? They’re simply trying to get out of paying; a cold air intake cannot cause cam journal scoring. Also, why can they not just replace the heads instead of installing a new engine?

OP
OP
ReconReggie19

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's Endurance warranty, dealer didn't say anything about heads. They did mention there was metal in the oil. I'll bring it up to them

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Considering the Cam phasers have been replaced twice, Thats more folks than i would want opening up my motor. Not saying that they didnt clean or properly prep/clean/install the cams but who knows. What all aftermarket mods have you done other than intake?

OP
OP
ReconReggie19

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering the Cam phasers have been replaced twice, Thats more folks than i would want opening up my motor. Not saying that they didnt clean or properly prep/clean/install the cams but who knows. What all aftermarket mods have you done other than intake?
Just a 93 octane tune by gearhead