GEN 2 Cam Phase Fix via oil pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, guys, have not checked my Ford Pass in a while, will do today. As to the alternative cures debate …… Delta is settling that. The FACT is that the approved vaccines work at extremely low risk. Why anyone would take the risk of unproven solutions is beyond me.

to change the subject, dam dude you get that much snow in Arizona?

It looks heavy from the pic in the avatar.

bmarco

Reaction score
That is up in Flagstaff at 7500 ft and yes, we do get that much snow and WAY MORE in Flagstaff. That was just my truck’s first trip to the snow and it was unusually wet and heavy …. I only go there when I have to in the winter …… but in summer it’s consistently 20* cooler than my house in Kingman, wife refuses to come home, lol.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love how Ford always has their crap together

got another recall notice in the Ford pass app for 21N03 the same as I believe was performed on it last week. Awesome ford way to go.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love how Ford always has their crap together

got another recall notice in the Ford pass app for 21N03 the same as I believe was performed on it last week. Awesome ford way to go.
Sounds a lot more like you're the one that doesn't "have his crap together". 21N03 is a warranty extension (customer satisfaction program) for those that have a cam phaser noise issue outside of powertrain warranty, hence why they extended the warranty. It will default as a program on the app once 21B10 is complete.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds a lot more like you're the one that doesn't "have his crap together". 21N03 is a warranty extension (customer satisfaction program) for those that have a cam phaser noise issue outside of powertrain warranty, hence why they extended the warranty. It will default as a program on the app once 21B10 is complete.

So what do I do, it doesn't say anything about a warranty extension. Do they send paperwork

I am not out of powertrain warranty havec28k mile son truck

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what do I do, it doesn't say anything about a warranty extension. Do they send paperwork

I am not out of powertrain warranty havec28k mile son truck
Once you have 21B10 complete you’ll receive the notice for 21N03.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have 35k miles on the truck roughly 25k more of po2er
Once you have 21B10 complete you’ll receive the notice for 21N03.

Okay so do I contact the dealer about 21N03? or do they automatically extend the warranty. Geez Ford should at least say hey this is what is happening

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Okay so do I contact the dealer about 21N03? or do they automatically extend the warranty. Geez Ford should at least say hey this is what is happening
:facepalm:

21N03 is the notice to tell you what is happening!! The warranty extension is automatic, no need to call a dealer.

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Holy smokes man, FordTechOne is only trying to help. If you can't figure out on your own how to handle a little notification that popped up on your phone, you might take this truck back. It's potentially going to send you monthly notices on how systems are doing on the truck and I can see a thousand questions from that...."My oil is at 62% should I change it now, my fuel level is at 34% how long will it last, why doesn't the manual say, why isn't Ford in front of this?"

The fact that you related using nonpremium fuel to a camshaft phaser error says it all. Take a deep breath, touch the tip of your first finger to your thumb and exhale slowly. Now, feel better? Good! Now head to the Ram dealership.