GEN 2 Cam Phase Fix via oil pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please do not spread misinformation. None of what you are saying is correct, there is no lack of oil pressure.

No engine has oil pressure to the top end on cold start. This is the entire point of the cam phaser locking mechanism; it keeps the phaser at base timing until full oil pressure is available. Every single VCT system works on this same principle regardless of brand.

The issue addressed in the TSB is accelerated locking pin wear, which was determined to be calibration related. For engines that already experienced a locking pin failure, upgraded parts were released with a redesigned locking pin mechanism.

As mentioned, this has been discussed countless times on here. Conspiracy theories are not warranted.

I watched a Youtube video and the person doing stated it was caused from oil pressure. I am sure your information is correct as lord knows the internet is full of misinformation or in correct information. I had the update done and the mechanic (no idea if a Master one) said that there are usually fault codes that go along with the cam phaser issues and I had none of those codes.

The waste gate has a distinct tin rattle on start up and the Cam Phaser issued trucks I have heard have more of a bass sound. I assume this to be correct.

bmarco

Reaction score
I have an ‘18, have never had any rattle (about 15k miles) and never received any notification from Ford. My truck has never been to the dealer. Do I need to bring it in for the calibration upgrade ? Does the upgrade cure the problem ?

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an ‘18, have never had any rattle (about 15k miles) and never received any notification from Ford. My truck has never been to the dealer. Do I need to bring it in for the calibration upgrade ? Does the upgrade cure the problem ?

Is the option in your ford pass app?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new calibration prevents the issue from occurring. If you go on the Ford website you can enter your VIN to confirm that your truck qualifies.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your wrong about only horse dewormer... So many people to lazy to research
Figures your grammar goes along with your BS... from the link you posted: "The World Health Organization (WHO) recommend not to use ivermectin in patients with COVID-19, except in clinical trials." Also, no one in this country is recommending this to be used as a covid treatment. We have an FDA approved vaccine that is proven, yet we have people drinking this ****. The stupid is heavy.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figures your grammar goes along with your BS... from the link you posted: "The World Health Organization (WHO) recommend not to use ivermectin in patients with COVID-19, except in clinical trials." Also, no one in this country is recommending this to be used as a covid treatment. We have an FDA approved vaccine that is proven, yet we have people drinking this ****. The stupid is heavy.
No it's YOUR BS. spend 10seconds and read the link. It clearly states if could b used for parasites in humans. Just being FACT BASED. NO BS BASED

bmarco

Reaction score
Thanks, guys, have not checked my Ford Pass in a while, will do today. As to the alternative cures debate …… Delta is settling that. The FACT is that the approved vaccines work at extremely low risk. Why anyone would take the risk of unproven solutions is beyond me.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys, have not checked my Ford Pass in a while, will do today. As to the alternative cures debate …… Delta is settling that. The FACT is that the approved vaccines work at extremely low risk. Why anyone would take the risk of unproven solutions is beyond me.
I agree and apologize for making a mess of the thread but I did not throw the dirt first. . I was.simply stating FACTS not BS, that it's not just a horse med. Per drugs dot.com and many professional including my doc it's prescribed for infections in human body due to parasites. Yes it's not prescribed by docs for covid in usa.