GEN 2 Cam Phase Fix via oil pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy smokes man, FordTechOne is only trying to help. If you can't figure out on your own how to handle a little notification that popped up on your phone, you might take this truck back. It's potentially going to send you monthly notices on how systems are doing on the truck and I can see a thousand questions from that...."My oil is at 62% should I change it now, my fuel level is at 34% how long will it last, why doesn't the manual say, why isn't Ford in front of this?"

The fact that you related using nonpremium fuel to a camshaft phaser error says it all. Take a deep breath, touch the tip of your first finger to your thumb and exhale slowly. Now, feel better? Good! Now head to the Ram dealership.

Who is this jackA@@, fanboi who don't have a Raptor= jackA@@

@FordTechOne, thank you for the information and it extends it for 10 years or 150 thousand miles so I do not feel so bad about keeping long term now. Oh and if you buy a 80k plus/ minus truck and put low grade gas in it then you are a buster to begin with and should not be buying said truck.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got 21B10 performed today. So far only drove it home but first impressions are the Oil Pressure is higher at idle. Use to be about 21-23 at lights and in park. Now it's 29-31.

I'll report back tomorrow if it got right of my overnight cold soak rattle and my occasional warm/hot start rattle. I suspect the phasers will need to be replaced at some point.

2019 scott

Reaction score
Who is this jackA@@, fanboi who don't have a Raptor= jackA@@

@FordTechOne, thank you for the information and it extends it for 10 years or 150 thousand miles so I do not feel so bad about keeping long term now. Oh and if you buy a 80k plus/ minus truck and put low grade gas in it then you are a buster to begin with and should not be buying said truck.
Do you have any documentation stating it extends the warranty to 10 years or 150,000 miles? I have never seen any info on that.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any documentation stating it extends the warranty to 10 years or 150,000 miles? I have never seen any info on that.

Called my dealership and that is what the advisor said. I knew I should have tried to concrete him down to it. I have no idea where they got that from but that is what he said and I assumed they would know.

But who the hell knows for sure, Ford should send some documentation for it.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got 21B10 performed today. So far only drove it home but first impressions are the Oil Pressure is higher at idle. Use to be about 21-23 at lights and in park. Now it's 29-31.

I'll report back tomorrow if it got right of my overnight cold soak rattle and my occasional warm/hot start rattle. I suspect the phasers will need to be replaced at some point.
Didn't do anything for mine. Had a warm start rattle. Made an appointment for mid-oct to get them replaced