GEN 2 Cam Phase Fix via oil pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know there are many threads on this but I tried it and it works. I saw probably an famous youtube video on this. If you hold the brake and gas down together to long start the truck and then watch the oil pressure. As it builds pressure lift off the gas and start the truck. Like magic no cold start cam phase rattle and the engine has the pressure it needs. I assume this would work as long as the cam phasers are not too long gone and the oil pressure is the issue which it is for these motors.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah except I can hear mine rattle when I hold the gas and the brake when the engine cranks - sounds worse to me than just letting it rattle for a second on start.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah except I can hear mine rattle when I hold the gas and the brake when the engine cranks - sounds worse to me than just letting it rattle for a second on start.

Yeah I assume that if they are too far gone then this will not work. Mine are whisper quite when I did this but mine have not be rattling for that long.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to do this and mine still ended up failing. Since they where replaced I no longer waste my time. That’s my situation anyway…

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to do this and mine still ended up failing. Since they where replaced I no longer waste my time. That’s my situation anyway…

They will just fail again and again it is due to oil pressure

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
*sigh* Wrong answer jam. So much bad info spread on forum(s). Fortunately, the truth on the cam phaser issue has been posted many times.

Yes they will because it is a system failure of not getting oil pressure where it needs to be. It is a design flaw inherent in the 3.5 liter motors across various models. The program upgrade did help mine but unless you are increasing pressure into those passages leading to the affected parts then there is no way to stop the excessive wear. They will fail eventually again.

but hey believe what you want.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yes they will because it is a system failure of not getting oil pressure where it needs to be. It is a design flaw inherent in the 3.5 liter motors across various models. The program upgrade did help mine but unless you are increasing pressure into those passages leading to the affected parts then there is no way to stop the excessive wear. They will fail eventually again.

but hey believe what you want.
Yeah, I suppose my stock 2018 with 65k miles (93 tuned since new, now on E50 tune) is an outlier to the failure? Yep, you believe what you want...