Caliper or Caliper Cover advise needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingcareric

Reaction score
I have 2019 Screw and I swapped the wheels to Venomrex VR-602 - 17". I just love the wheels but they look so empty somehow. I was looking for either new set of Calipers or Caliper covers. I am not so good with the web searching so I am asking experts to help me guide to the right direction. I have contacted MGP calipers and they will not sell me set since I have 17" wheels. Has anyone put their caliper covers on your 17" wheels? Thank you so much !!

D

Deleted member 12951

New calipers from Freedom Motorsports and got the caliper paint too. Figured it was easier to paint them at my own leisure than have down time on my truck. Now I just need to swap them and bleed the brakes. I would not use covers, they look super tacky!

a6dbef705e97698bde1c525aaef83b65.jpg

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I have 2019 Screw and I swapped the wheels to Venomrex VR-602 - 17". I just love the wheels but they look so empty somehow. I was looking for either new set of Calipers or Caliper covers. I am not so good with the web searching so I am asking experts to help me guide to the right direction. I have contacted MGP calipers and they will not sell me set since I have 17" wheels. Has anyone put their caliper covers on your 17" wheels? Thank you so much !!

Contact me here if you would like to get a set of calipers and paint, we offer great discounts for FRF members. We also have a complete brake package to upgrade your brakes to slotted/drilled and better pads along with brake fluid and stainless steel lines. We can customize the package too.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Avoid caliper covers, they hold heat and moisture against the caliper. If you want big brakes spend the money on them and reap the performance benefit.

+1

One of the most important factors in brake performance and longevity is airflow. Brakes generate a tremendous amout of heat, even during normal driving conditions. Keeping that heat trapped under a caliper cover can overheat the fluid, friction material, and seals as well as induce brake fade.

OP
OP
kingcareric

kingcareric

Reaction score
+1

One of the most important factors in brake performance and longevity is airflow. Brakes generate a tremendous amout of heat, even during normal driving conditions. Keeping that heat trapped under a caliper cover can overheat the fluid, friction material, and seals as well as induce brake fade.

Good to know, i never knew about this, thank you very much !!