Caliper Juice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Squeezed this nastiness out of the rear calipers when I did a rotor pad refresh on my Raptor. The reservoir starts out small but as the brakes wear it gets larger and the brake fluid just cooks a little with each heat cycle. I recently learned that it is a bad idea to push the fluid back into the brake line as this can destroy the ABS module. I used about 12 oz of Dot 4 to replentish what I squeezed out.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 17

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The brown brake fluid comes from the fluid absorbing water. If you leave a container of brake fluid open you can see it turn brown just from sitting. You would really have to work to burn brake fluid... usually what happens is you boil it or the water in it and lose pedal.

"if" you start to have weirdness in your braking it may be your rear caliper seals. They absorb water over time, swell, and wear in. The new fluid sucks the water out of them and the seals fail. It very likely will not be an issue, just be mindful.

And flush your fluid more often!