GEN 2 California 2017 Raptor owners (emissions)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone from California that has taken delivery of a 2017 Ford Raptor please post the emissions sticker that is under the hood. Thank you.

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone from California that has taken delivery of a 2017 Ford Raptor please post the emissions sticker that is under the hood. Thank you.

I'll try and get one for you tomorrow

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an old thread. I got my answer last month. All the trucks have the same emissions sticker under the hood.

Last edited:

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the actual deal with this? I've seen people post that all Raptors have the same emissions stickers, and also saw posts stating CA emissions needs to be selected upon ordering....

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
When you get the vehicle to CA you need to get a smog check and VIN identification at a DMV office. Everything is sent to DMV and they run the VIN to ensure it's able to be registered in the state. I've never tried to register a non CA emissions or 50 state vehicle but I'm assuming if the VIN doesn't show that option it won't be cleared. Seems like a dumb thing to add to vehicles if it doesn't matter. CA sucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get the vehicle to CA you need to get a smog check and VIN identification at a DMV office. Everything is sent to DMV and they run the VIN to ensure it's able to be registered in the state. I've never tried to register a non CA emissions or 50 state vehicle but I'm assuming if the VIN doesn't show that option it won't be cleared. Seems like a dumb thing to add to vehicles if it doesn't matter. CA sucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, between the gun and emission laws, CA does suck.

Well I'll just really stress the dealer does whatever they need to do to get it CA certified...

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the actual deal with this? I've seen people post that all Raptors have the same emissions stickers, and also saw posts stating CA emissions needs to be selected upon ordering....

If your in a green state don't take the chance. Make sure you get the ca emissions option. If your ordering from a non green state and your dealer is having an issue they can contact there ford rep to help place the order. I have 1st hand experience with this.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your in a green state don't take the chance. Make sure you get the ca emissions option. If your ordering from a non green state and your dealer is having an issue they can contact there ford rep to help place the order. I have 1st hand experience with this.

Thanks man...I will get confirmation they can do this, and if not, make sure they work with someone that knows what they are doing.