GEN 1 Calibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roger6834

Reaction score
I'm new here. Question. Do these trucks require a computer calibration at any time? Mine didn't want to accept a tune from Oz Tuning. He stated that it needed a calibration. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2014 6.2L

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I have not seen any mention of a need for calibration in order to get truck to except a tune. Then again what do I know! I have searched and there are postings about a need for recalibration for a bad module or replacing a module. Maybe some ruby shoes are needed?

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time I've experienced a vehicle not accepting a tune was when it already had another tune on it. Did you buy it new and know its stock?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've haven't seen any mention of a need for calibration in order to get truck to except a tune. Then again what do I know! I have searched and there are postings about a need for recalibration for a bad module or replacing a module. Maybe some ruby shoes are needed?
It's possible that the "technician" who said it needed a "computer calibration" was a flying monkey in disguise. ;)

@roger6834 , I have a 2011 GEN1 with nearly 100K miles on it and have been on FRF for nearly all of the time I've had the truck, and this calibration/recalibration claim is the first I've seen it mentioned. We have a very knowledgeable and helpful member in @FordTechOne who might like to weigh in here with his encyclopedic wisdom.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'ven't seen any mention of a need for calibration in order to get truck to except a tune. Then again what do I know! I have searched and there are postings about a need for recalibration for a bad module or replacing a module. Maybe some ruby shoes are needed?
Fixed and invented a word im the process.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's possible that the "technician" who said it needed a "computer calibration" was a flying monkey in disguise. ;)

@roger6834 , I have a 2011 GEN1 with nearly 100K miles on it and have been on FRF for nearly all of the time I've had the truck, and this calibration/recalibration claim is the first I've seen it mentioned. We have a very knowledgeable and helpful member in @FordTechOne who might like to weigh in here with his encyclopedic wisdom.
As Big Blue mentioned, the only time I’ve seen that is when it already has an aftermarket calibration installed.

OP
OP
R

roger6834

Reaction score
I have a copy and paste of what he says about my tune here - (Now that we’ve cleared that up…. Here’s what I did. I completely rebuilt your tune from scratch. Also, your original stock calibration is outdated. So, I built your tune on the newer, and most common, calibration available for these trucks. This is the calibration that 95% of all Raptors are using, and one that we’ve tuned 100’s of times which makes it a “known-good” calibration and removes it as a potential variable. I’m also sending this tune as an attachment in this email, and you’re going to need to manually load it to your device using a PC. That way we can completely skip using the cloud, and also remove that as being a potential issue. So, your V2 tune is attached, and I’m pasting a link to instructions for loading the tune to the device below.)

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "calibration" is the factory tune. The factory calibrations do change over the run of a vehicle. Once, maybe twice is comnmon- depnds on how many issues arise from the original calibration.

So he's saying he built a new custom tune starting with the latest Ford calibration- which is exactly what you want.

Still remember the YDH1 calibration code on my Mustang 15 years after I tuned it...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What handheld device are you using to do the Tuning?

And it's probably too late, but you need to make sure the handheld devices is up to date with the latest firmware.

BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE NEW TUNE ON TO THE TUNING DEVICE!!!!!

And you should download the stock tune off your truck, make sure to backup that file to a safe location on your PC's hard drive.
Then you can reasonably safely play with programming the PCM

Last edited: