Cali checking in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Congratulations on a beautiful Raptor. Welcome to FRF, an excellent bunch of Misfits..
AMP insider tip: leave them closed if your in the snow or mud. P I T A if they get stuck open.

OP
OP
S

smj362

Reaction score
Welcome, I like wheels. I like amp boards but the factory steps protect your paint. If you plan to take off-road I’d do some PPF or mud flaps.
It will see offroad and I was torn on the AMP's because of the paint. I'm thinking about experimenting with plasti dip to see how easy it comes off. My unintelligent thinking is step 1 apply polish, like some turdle wax, step 2 plasti dip the doors, step 3 pray that it comes off. Imma find me some neighbors car to test my thesis and see how it goes. Then there is Track Armour, I haven't played with that yet, but it seems promising from what I read.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
It will see offroad and I was torn on the AMP's because of the paint. I'm thinking about experimenting with plasti dip to see how easy it comes off. My unintelligent thinking is step 1 apply polish, like some turdle wax, step 2 plasti dip the doors, step 3 pray that it comes off. Imma find me some neighbors car to test my thesis and see how it goes. Then there is Track Armour, I haven't played with that yet, but it seems promising from what I read.
I've used Track Armour and it works really well. I'd skip the wax and do ceramic coating, however that isn't paint chip proof. Ask me how I know. ;)

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another member from cali, welcome! I agree with the others here about the amp steps however. The factory boards provide protection from rocks and car doors.