CAI Silencer Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are tuned though right? Cause stock when I removed mine I got a check engine all the time saying crank sensor fault or something. Put them back in and I have never had the issue again. Roush told me they require you to leave them in with the intake. So I’m assuming the MPT tune don’t require the rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s strange. MPT said you can run both the stock or Aef intake with or without the silencer rings regardless of whether you have a tune or not. I have not had any issues either way.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobb stated it is used for crankcase pressure and to leave them in
3cda95d22da37951f481762d80570325.jpg

Just curious but did you reach out to Cobb directly and ask? Because that is the exact excerpt from their install instructions and why I removed mine because I wanted to maximize the intake noise. Haven’t had a single issue over 2500 miles so far.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did, I was going to take them out, and spoke to
The Cobb engineer , he said to leave them in. So I'm going to do as they stated for now. Interesting dyno by brew city boost showing they make more power . Never would've thought that.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty frustrating then that they would publish a statement which makes it seem like no big deal if you take them out. Based on the statement I assumed they were simply noise cancellation devices.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you search the Ecoboost forums those guys and gals have been removing them for years with no negative effects.