CAI Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grizz23

Reaction score
Looking for a good CAI that sounds good and has good protection from the elements, is there a difference between brands? Also is it better to get the chrome or black plastic tube?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the aFe Magnum intake and it's nice, I only bought it cause I got it for 100 bucks lol. the S&B is way nicer!

for tunes you'll hear guys running 5 star, livernois or JDM. I have a 5 Star tune.

I should mention, buying a tuner with the CAI is worth it, the stock wide open throttle position is at 3500 rpm.. my SCT changed that to 600.. makes it way more fun to drive lol

BarryG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run an AFE Magnum, sounds good and looks even better, NGauge tuner, MPT tunes.... Truck is hard not to love. I’m like an anxious kid EVERY TIME I hit that start button.

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 5 star tune or Jdm would be fine for boltons (exhaust, intake) but as soon as you go forced induction livernios tuner is the only one to go with.