CAI (cold air intake) fitments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys that installed the intake, did you have to add the tube to the crankcase vent hose.

Reaction score
Required, no?

To utilize the potential of those parts, yes. Money would be better spent on an intercooler
I have an intercooler sitting in my garage. The issue is it requires the grill shutters to be removed. I’m pretty sure if I remove the shutters without the accessport I will have a CEL.

Bruichladdie

Reaction score
I have an intercooler sitting in my garage. The issue is it requires the grill shutters to be removed. I’m pretty sure if I remove the shutters without the accessport I will have a CEL.
I removed mine, threw a code at first and then it went away the next day and haven't had it come back. Also had a code from a boost leak that was my fault.

Edit: went back in the ford pass app and the fault was for- "PCM lost communication with the vehicle active grill shutter module for a period of time." but like I said, went away and never came back. All I did was turn the truck off and next day it was gone.