Caged 3 seat Luxury Prerunner for Jake,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the approx cost on wrapping steering wheel?

Did you do it in house or did you guys have someone local do it?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the cage built to a specific sanctioning body standard? Is there any structure above the headliner like roof bars if so they are hidden well? I would think you would want a door intrusion cross bars. What are the b pillar bars anchored to?

OP
OP
lexmotorsports goodguy

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Amazing truck. Can you send me some information on the bumpers? I want both of them!
These are our new "Icon" bumpers, we will have info on the website soon, we are dialing in the production aspect of the front bumper, it does require a bit of cutting and welding to achieve the angle.

Bad A$$

Any pics of cage before interior install
20140814_130634_zps9vfs0l0p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140814_130655_zpsokdfiohb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140814_130802_zpsizypntn7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Suspension?

Icon 3.0 front/rear Icon bump stop set up, Icon billet UCA

What is the approx cost on wrapping steering wheel?

Did you do it in house or did you guys have someone local do it?
$450 I have a ol' school fella that does them for us.

Lol... that's what I thought as well.
Not much protection there! But looks cool.
there is actually alot of protection on the front bumper, we just went for as less is more look to it,
you can see in this picture,
the area next to the skid plate, there is steel plating and woven mesh, we were really focused on protecting the radiator, condenser, trans lines, and allowing alot of air flow. and of course maximum angle.

Is the cage built to a specific sanctioning body standard? Is there any structure above the headliner like roof bars if so they are hidden well? I would think you would want a door intrusion cross bars. What are the b pillar bars anchored to?

Cage is not built to any specific sanctioning body, strictly prerunner, not set up to race, cage is welded to the cab in multiple spots along the roof edge line near the doors, and along the A pillars, as well as back of the cab.

Our customer is a tall guy so head room, and leg room were concerns for the project, we chose to leave the cab rubber mounted and chose to do a little different style cage, we bought 6 additional rubber body mounts from Ford, and built 1/4" thick brackets off of the frame, and mounted the rubber mounts to them, with a machined ****, from there we were able to bring the tubing straight through the floor, instead of having to 45 it into the frame from inside the cab, we then welded the cage to the cab in multiple spots essentially marrying the 2 together into 1 capsule like unit.
with the dynamat throughout the whole interior, the factory sound material attached to the bottom side of the stock carpet, witch we were able to reuse with very minor modification, the result was a factory like ride, if not quieter. Our customer wanted a cage for safety, but this also a daily driver and we wanted to find the line for him, where it did not seem like there was a cage in there.
I think it's on there build thread for both trucks.