Cabin Air Filter replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the cabin air filter on my 2018. It's a year old and has just shy of 20k miles. The filter was dirty and needed replacement.

To change, follow one of the youtube videos for a 2018 F150 cabin air filter replacement.

Additionally to the youtube instructions, I had to remove the fake honeycomb trim above the glove box. This piece of trim has 5 clips. Pull straight out using a trim tool. Pull firmly.

The plastic housing pulls out in the same fashion. This piece has 7 clips so pull very firmly...it'll come out.

Here's a pic showing the old and the new filter, plus the filter model number:

2018 Raptor cabin air filter.jpg

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the funky/mildewy smell from the A/C...going to change cabin filter and spray some lysol or vinegar when I do. I saw some youtube videos about this in other Ford products...is there anything to do other than turn the A/C off/turn off recirc off for about mile before you stop? That seems kinda weak. TIA.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you guys use recirc on dusty roads/offroading? I did and mine was pretty clean at 17.5k. In fact, had I not gone to all the effort getting to it, I wouldn't have replaced it.

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use recirc on dusty roads/offroading? I did and mine was pretty clean at 17.5k. In fact, had I not gone to all the effort getting to it, I wouldn't have replaced it.

I likely did not use recirc. Mine had a pretty good coating of Terlingua caliche dust.

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just replaced the cabin air filter on my 2018. It's a year old and has just shy of 20k miles. The filter was dirty and needed replacement.

To change, follow one of the youtube videos for a 2018 F150 cabin air filter replacement.

Additionally to the youtube instructions, I had to remove the fake honeycomb trim above the glove box. This piece of trim has 5 clips. Pull straight out using a trim tool. Pull firmly.

The plastic housing pulls out in the same fashion. This piece has 7 clips so pull very firmly...it'll come out.

Here's a pic showing the old and the new filter, plus the filter model number:

View attachment 113538

Can you explain more how you got that extra trim piece out that isnt in the youtube video?. I tried but quit when I was sure that I would break it!

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain more how you got that extra trim piece out that isnt in the youtube video?. I tried but quit when I was sure that I would break it!

Pry up the bottom edge while pulling the trim piece outwards. You've gotta pull very firmly. The next piece of trim is even harder to pull out.

Be confident. It'll work out.

BendSprinter

Reaction score

I followed this video:

It seemed to show all pieces. I thought I broke a clip or two with all of the pops the trim pieces make but all was well. Changed mine at 15k, 1 year and it was filthy. Glad I did it! Took me 15 minutes taking my time.