GEN 1 Cab Rust and the Current Market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this?
There is a
What is this?
there is a black rubber piece that is rivière to the roof on each side in rear that covers the roof to body seam. I got silicone sealant that’s safe for paint and drilled out the rivert, layed down some sealant, put the black rubber piece back down put more sealant in the rivet hole then rivet it again back down.

Attachments

• A18D5883-3506-4586-B596-80D9A57E1745.png
    A18D5883-3506-4586-B596-80D9A57E1745.png
    661.2 KB · Views: 48

rat196426

Reaction score
Extend your drain tubes, water comes in around sunroof flows into channels to the drain tubes. you will not accomplish anything until drain tubes are extended outside of rockers....
300000. miles on my 2009 fx4 super screw and 152000. on my 2012 raptor no cab corner rot with extended drain tubes. Every reputable body shop will tell you same information. I drive both in Michigan winters....

rat196426

Reaction score
I will take pics of mine in a few days, will have four tubes. Two in front and two in rear left/right sides. I did both pickups when I bought them brand new, easy to do.
hunting season right now, will get pics if you want them in few days, will put raptor on hoist for pics.

OP
OP
MFNG

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take pics of mine in a few days, will have four tubes. Two in front and two in rear left/right sides. I did both pickups when I bought them brand new, easy to do.
hunting season right now, will get pics if you want them in few days, will put raptor on hoist for pics.
Yes please, thanks!
There is a

there is a black rubber piece that is rivière to the roof on each side in rear that covers the roof to body seam. I got silicone sealant that’s safe for paint and drilled out the rivert, layed down some sealant, put the black rubber piece back down put more sealant in the rivet hole then rivet it again back down.
Thanks, I’ve seen this obv, just didn’t quite get what you were talking about!

Will make sure to do both of these things!!!

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where these pics at? I picked up a rust-free 2014 in February and I'm looking to keep it that way.