CA smog OBD port issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAQ51

Reaction score
I took my 2013 Raptor 6.2 to a “star” smog shop in CA for its first smog test to get tags and when they plugged in the obd the truck would not start, crank or anything, then after running and plugging in the smog machine the dash goes blank and they received no signal. I have amp steps that are triggered on an obd splitter, could that be it? He wouldn’t let me mess with it there so I could see if that was the culprit. Any thoughts?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would you have anything wired into your OBD port that wasn't an OBD device... there are a dozen-dozen other ways to send power signal to amp. Wire that properly and try again. Hopefully you didn't inadvertently ground out something in your PCM.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Smog guy is an idiot. By law in California you’re not allowed to have anything connected to the OBD port at the same time as the test. (The rule is designed to prevent interference with the smog test equipment and ensure you’re not sending false signal or information to the smog system.)

I used to have the CA smog rules in PDF but can’t find them right now. (They’re available on-line if you search)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk