CA Moves to Kill the ICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRFORDMAN

Reaction score
How so? Why can’t the charging network be powered by renewable energy to more efficiently achieve that goal? Also, every new iteration of Tesla’s vehicles has boasted more range than the last. So they are doing that as well.

Please explain to us how renewable energy is going to power up the entire power grid in the USA or better yet the rest of the world. I'm assuming you don't know how power plants actually get their energy.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please explain to us how renewable energy is going to power up the entire power grid in the USA or better yet the rest of the world. I'm assuming you don't know how power plants actually get their energy.

I didn’t say the world

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I didn’t say the world

there’s this perception from Californians and their government that the world revolves around them. There’s this perception from the rest of the world that Californians and their government < redacted, because mom told me if I didn’t have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all>

That having been said, how is even California’s energy production and usage profile in any way prepared to sustain this kind of decision absent some sort of “Eureka” moment?
Instead, what’s more likely to happen is the current incremental gains in electric engine, powertrain and battery tech while the time ticks down and eventually, and probably on time, CA will uphold this policy. Within about a year, the state will be unable to sustain it’s power grid and will then start trying to browbeat neighboring states for more power. That will only partially succeed, and they will go to the federal government, where one of 2 outcomes is possible.
1) republicans hold at least some power among the congress / presidency: a watered down deal that gives CA access to power, resources etc from other close by states.
2) Democrats hold at least some power: CA will strike it rich with access to power and resources from close by states, really infuriating neighbors.

This will result in those states who are victimized by California to similarly need to be bailed out, creating a cascade effect of power demands beyond the means of the infrastructure, expanding the ‘rolling brown outs’ throughout the west coast and inland from California.

It’s a brilliant political move actually. Newsom won’t be around to suffer the consequences, others will bear the burden of this policy choice.