CA Moves to Kill the ICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric vehicles should pay a road tax when they register every year. I feel we in the peak of the ICE, cars and trucks are faster and safer than ever.

Asinine

Reaction score
Gas is going away eventually whether it’s banned or exhausted. IMHO 2035 is ambitious to have feasible solutions in place and CA has a bad habit of missing deadlines, so it’ll likely get extended. Vehicles that can go 300+ miles and be ready for the next 300+ miles in under 10 minutes is the key regardless of the technology used.

I’ve lived in CA for 50 years and it does some things right, like reducing emissions, but it’s decline has accelerated in the last 5 years. The fires and shutdown showed how fragile its infrastructure is, I wouldn’t be surprised if CA declares bankruptcy in the next 10 years.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember governor Reagan. I grew up in California. I left when Reagan was president. It was still pretty nice then. California has the same problem Ford has, among the others. They can't afford to pay the pensions that they've promised to pay. But California did it in spades. They're "too big to fail". It's going to cost the rest of us big time.

This is amusing ...

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Didn’t have time to read this thread but a few of my thoughts on hearing about it:

- Newsom doesn’t care cause he will be long gone in 15 years so easy for him to just pick some random date out of the air

- 15 years is not a long time at all to change your entire mode of transportation. With government being involved you probably need to double any estimate realistically at the least

- It’s California, so obviously money just is free for everyone to be lovingly taken as desired, so who cares about costs of anything. Thank god there are no poor and low income people in California...

- California’s power grid already can’t handle their current power usage so that would definitely help a lot (sarcasm). When California’s “green power” isn’t enough they literally buy it from other states who make it the old fashion way. So they can virtue signal to their insane voters and still try to power the place sorta. Solid plan guys as the blackouts in over 100 degree weather show us.

- they have done comparisons that EV are just as bad for the environment when you account for the entire lifecycle. Those batteries aren’t so green after they come out of the car.

- if you actually want real clean power the only answer for now is Nuclear. But California is/did close their nuclear plants, cause of reasons?

- if anyone had half a brain in government and they really gave a shit about the environment they would make high efficiency/ high speed trains all over the US. Trains connecting big cities and states. Trams and good bus networks for the cities individually and you would naturally eliminate a massive need for a huge number of POV’s. Europe does this quite well and has for a long time.

- the government makes no situation better by getting involved. This progression would of happened naturally through normal advancements in technology if they just stayed out of the way. But power and control or something.

- they will follow the same model as Sweden, tax the shit out of cars till everyone goes EV. Then realize you aren’t making anymore tax money because everyone went to EV. Start new taxes that tax the shit out of EV. Collect money and enjoy.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok people, I have one thing to say on this topic. I have a pretty good background in the recycling and energy industry. I work with many major power plants across the U.S. for scrap demolition jobs so I know a thing or two about energy, especially power plants. When doing demos on these power plants over the past 13 years, I have learned a good amount about them. Just stop what you are doing for a couple seconds and think. Where do you think the majority of electricity in the world comes from? COAL POWER PLANTS, YES COAL. Its hilarious people think electricity all comes from solar panels or other clean sources like nuclear power plants. Thats only a very very very small percentage. The majority of electricity still comes from good old fashion coal power plants still. Yes some power plants are able to filter out a percentage of pollution from the coal, but still you get my point. Ok rants over lol.

Natural gas my man, and nuclear. Here in CT coal is non-existent. Nationally, coal and nuclear are even at 20ish% with natural gas making up 35ish%.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
if anyone had half a brain in government and they really gave a shit about the environment they would make high efficiency/ high speed trains all over the US. Trains connecting big cities and states. Trams and good bus networks for the cities individually and you would naturally eliminate a massive need for a huge number of POV’s. Europe does this quite well and has for a long time.

who’s going to pay for this unicorn train system? We’re already paying for Amtrak, and if you’re in a metro area with a subway, you’re paying for that.

You think taxes are high on fuel, income, property, vehicles, breathing and drinking water now, just price out how much this would cost. DC has the WMATA and MWAA (airports) and both share MD and VA membership. Expenses never go down with this infrastructure and those expenses translate into what? TAXES.

Europe can do this because they’re dealing with countries that would fit into a small portion of the USA and Europeans generally don’t mind exorbitant tax rates, fees, tolls and taxes.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come guys it’s Gavin Newsome....

he goes from this...
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2042...om-time-to-sober-up-about-green-energys-flaws

[URL]https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article245025785.html
[/URL]

To this....

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/09/23/g...-in-californias-fight-against-climate-change/

He is Pelosi’s son and law....

Can’t take him seriously....

Where did the BULLET TRAIN go? It was suppose to done in 2 years.....45 Billion over budget...

So take this with a grain of salt... I have live in Cali almost all of my life and it’s the same song and dance....

Smunczen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still wonder where all the power generation is going to come from. California couldn’t meet the power demand during the resent heat wave.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who’s going to pay for this unicorn train system? We’re already paying for Amtrak, and if you’re in a metro area with a subway, you’re paying for that.

You think taxes are high on fuel, income, property, vehicles, breathing and drinking water now, just price out how much this would cost. DC has the WMATA and MWAA (airports) and both share MD and VA membership. Expenses never go down with this infrastructure and those expenses translate into what? TAXES.

Europe can do this because they’re dealing with countries that would fit into a small portion of the USA and Europeans generally don’t mind exorbitant tax rates, fees, tolls and taxes.
Man we developed some power supplies for WMATA back in the day. What a bureaucratic nightmare that org is. Never got paid. Eventually gave up.