CA Moves to Kill the ICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
California is and will always be it's own island and that moron in Sacramento is certainly no different. After living in this miserable state for over 20 years their is really nothing that surprises anymore. I don't have any problems with the electrification direction the industry is headed in. I'm sure at some point I'll be driving an electric Raptor and that's perfectly fine with me. At least I know it's made by a car company that actually knows how to make them. The Tesla 3 that we have that my wife drives has been nothing short of a nightmare. Probably the poorest assembled vehicle I have ever seen. We went through 2 windshields only to find out the dash was put in incorrectly and the list goes on from there. Tesla has a much better charging station infrastructure than it does repair facility and parts infrastructure so it takes forever to get anything fixed. A lot will certainly change in 15 years and I'm cautiously optimistic.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How come you aren’t on the Prius forums and are on the Raptor forums instead? I’m sure there’s lots of threads about MPG and stuff on there.

Do you need some education like your buddy Diesel? Here, let me help you out also. This isn't about efficient cars, it's about efficient power sources. One would think you would be aware of the subject matter considering you're posting here. I know there's a lot of stupid people on this earth, didn't realize so many of them congregated in this forum and participated in this thread.

06viper

Reaction score
@06viper You might have first hand experience, but must be regional. The facts I quoted are from the Trump Administration. The fact is coal produces only 11.3% of the energy in the US and 90% of the Coal is used for electricity production, that's less than 1/3 of the total electricity production of 37%. I know fact are hard to read and understand. I doubt you have any fist hand knowledge of California politics, so let me know when....
I’m not here to cause a big argument, so let’s just agree to disagree! You like raptors, I like raptors. No need for us argue as fellow enthusiasts.

06viper

Reaction score
Do you need some education like your buddy Diesel? Here, let me help you out also. This isn't about efficient cars, it's about efficient power sources. One would think you would be aware of the subject matter considering you're posting here. I know there's a lot of stupid people on this earth, didn't realize so many of them congregated in this forum and participated in this thread.
You’re right, you sound very smart. I must be very stupid. Please forgive my stupidity.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you call trolling is actually facts and reality. Neither one care if you don't like them.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot can change in 15 years. Electric is coming, make no mistake. It gives every single car company a reason that your old ICE vehicle needs to be replaced. However, no car company is completely writing off ICEs (aside from all-electric companies like Tesla of course). BMW is planning on another 50 years of ICS development for example.

Perhaps ICE will become niche and for enthusiast that want to get off the grid or have special requirements of their vehicles. But Baja trips, overlanding, track days will all still be around, the question is how they are addressed. People won't give up on this and will demand a way to achieve it. It's easy for politicians, most of who won't even be in office in 15 years, to say by this date, this will happen. It never works that way. The larger message is, electric is coming, has some nice benefits, and we'll all adjust. Get ready for more taxes BTW, since electric vehicles bypass the highway taxes built into a gallon go gas.

Electric has its advantages. Tesla yesterday announced their new Plaid model S platform. Sun 9-seconf 1/4 mile times, 200 MPH top speed. Even with Tesla's usual over-hyping included, that will be one hell of a car. I've had two electric cars now and there is something about them that's really satisfying to use. But I also have plenty of ICE vehicles and they are my go-to when I want to actually get somewhere. We're going to see a blend of the two for the next few decades.