Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

C&D Comparison (Raptor vs. TRX)

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by KAH24, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Mister Pinky

Mister Pinky Full Access Member

Yeah, what a turd it is. Only 450 HP and 510 lb. ft. Not sure how we all get down the road with this boat anchor between the fenders. Somebody get me a blown V8 so I can get to Starbucks 15 sec. sooner and use those 700 HP to prop up my undersized penis.

2. Droid

Droid kglesq's Brother

This guy mentioned some of the additional weight was due to a full floating rear end? He says that alone is 150lb heavier....would love to know if that's correct (my knowledge there is minimal).

3. GCATX

GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Unless they re-invented the rear full floating axle, it looks like a semi float to me. There is no bearing/hub assembly outboard of the brake rotor/rim as you would see on a dually or whatever. Someone posted a cut-away type photo of it in one of the other bazillion threads, and it sure looked like a semi float to me.

MyRaptorLife and Droid like this.
  4. Mister Pinky

Mister Pinky Full Access Member

quikag, JustDennis, ItsAMe and 3 others like this.
  5. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

The weight gain isn’t necessarily due to the body panels being steel the regular 1/2 ton rams weigh less than the raptor & similar for F150s - the TRX has a beefed up frame & engine is heavier

Richard Hinsley and GordoJay like this.
  6. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

And it's got sliders. Those aren't light.

7. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Also mention....in reality when it comes to gen 2 vs TRX for me the advantage for the TRX is the rear suspension setup & the ability for the adaptive shocks to provide a more planted ride on pavement while still being able to do the Baja dance just as effectively.

the engine still doesn’t have me completely hooked, a tuned gen2 will perform much more closely in terms of acceleration & return better mpg while doing so.

I like the more modern/upscale Ram interior & fact you can get an actual shifter in this TRX vs regular Rams, but I prefer a more “purpose built” interior w/ a few more hard buttons/switches myself.

will see how it holds up in a couple years. In my tuned gen2 that I do a lot of city errands in, idling, & hard wot acceleration usually 75-85 hwy I avg 15mpg- my guess is that’d be more like 11-12 in the TRX...or worse, and that’s simply a deal breaker for me personally....it’s just too egregious

KAH24 likes this.
  8. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

9. K223

K223 FRF Addict

I read a segment from an interviewed engineer on the TRX project. Once they got the full go to build the truck, they had a matter of months to do it in. The old TRX name came up in discussing names for the truck and it originally had nothing to do with a dinosaur he said. But obviously that changed and Rams marketing bite into that(no pun intended).

10. Charles Floyd

Charles Floyd Member

Hey guys here is my 2 cents, I think the best part about the Raptor will be the price. I was at the ford dealer Thursday, they had a Mustang GT-500 with a $50,000 mark up!!! The car was $97,000 already. So a Raptor with that same engine in it........ FCA dealers are ridiculous with mark ups. So the fact that the Raptor will have the option of having a “regular engine” means more people will be able to get one. The V8 Raptor and all the TRXs will be well over $100k trucks.