Bypass rocker Switch RC triple fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmoses77

Reaction score
I am in need of some help. I just got a 2017 Raptor last week and have started adding things to make it my own. I am working on installing the RC triple fog lights with the day time running lights. I don't want to use the supplied rocker switch but rathe the Aux switches in the truck already. Is there a way to remove the part of the harness that connects the rocker switch with the RC lights and just use the fog light setting with the Aux switches. I know how to wire the lights to the aux switch end in the engine bay but am unsure whether I can cut away the RC rocker switch assembly and still use the lights.

Thank you in advance.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Pics or it’s a prius

yes, a switch is a switch, it interrupts the +12v current. If it’s a single pole switch, one side will be hot, one side is the switch leg. the latter would get connected to the up fitter.

OP
OP
J

Jmoses77

Reaction score
70700drla.jpgIMG_2768.jpg

The stock image of the light kit and my truck. I am slowly starting to figure out the proper wiring. An additional question though. Will wiring all 6 lights to one aux switch, either #1 or #2, provide enough power? I am thinking that I am going to splice the wires so that I can do DRL to switch #1 and fog lights to switch #2.

Thank you

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Will wiring all 6 lights to one aux switch, either #1 or #2, provide enough power? I am thinking that I am going to splice the wires so that I can do DRL to switch #1 and fog lights to switch #2.

It depends. What is the rated draw of the lights at 12v?
from switch 1 to switch 6 we have 2x 15a, 2x 10a, and 2x 5a switches.

It depends on your use case but I can tell you from experience that what you think you want/need for lighting now, isn’t what you’ll need a year or 2 years from now. I initially had my 6x fogs on up fitter 2, with my behind the grille bar light on up fitter 1. An unfortunate waste though. I eventually reapportioned them so my bigger lights are on up fitters 1 & 2.

So I have rear facing LED’s as well on up fitter 6 and use a relay to trigger them. I have relays on most of my front facing lights as well.

You should ask yourself honestly what next mods you’ll do because you may end up doing more work as a result if you have to re-wire. Do you want to wire all 6 on one switch, or selectively? These are all questions you have to answer.

Once you decide, you know what switches have what capacity. If you decide to use one of the lower amp switches, you can put a relay in place - it gets power from the battery directly and only gets -signal- power from the up fitter.

good luck and :

#OneLessprius
#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AntiMatterBlueIsNotBlackEnough

RRitch

Reaction score
I just added the same Lights (No DL on mine) on my 2020 Raptor this past weekend. You can cut the RC harness to remove the relays and switch to tie into your aux switches, but what I did was order a Triple Fog wiring harness from SPV Parts. it is a custom harness specifically for the Raptor that is much cleaner than using the RC wires. It has WP connectors both at the light side and at the end to tie into the aux switch wires. On my 2020 Aux 1 and Aux 2 are both 15 AMPS so no issues with tying in without the relays. I wired the inner most lights on each side to switch 1 and the other 2 on each side to switch 2. I just cut the Deusch connectors off the RC lights and replaced with the WP connectors that come in the kit, but they also sell adapters to adapt from the WP to the deusch if you prefer. It also comes with extra single WP connectors to terminate the wires under the hood from the Aux switches. Once the connectors are on, it is plug and play. It took me about 30 minutes to install the harness once the lights were mounted and the included crimping on the WP connectors. All the wires are neatly contained within a wire loom so you do not have multiple wire runs to do. The harness was $89 and I bought a 2 to 1 adapter to connect the 2 outside lights on each side to switch 2. It also has the wire necessary for the DL if the lights you have include them and they also have an adapter to plug them into the factory wiring harness. I am not affiliated at all with SPV Parts, just passing along what I found to be a very well made and clean harness. Here is a link to the harness and a picture of my truck with the lights installed.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss5-bumper-led-pod-light-kit-for-2017-2020-ford-raptor.html

1679509431776.png