by my math....this covid19 crap has kept 1,500 miles off my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to driving mine this year too... 14 months of ownership with 3300 miles on it. I guess I might be looking at dropping to a 60,000 mile 8 year esp when it’s time.

Damn, you should qualify for a “pleasure” vehicle insurance discount.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cost of not doing anything because we believe DT and those like him, is that we have to find another planet to live on, I wonder how much that will cost? I'd guess magnitudes on top of magnitudes above anything that the "libtards" are gonna cost you by investing in renewable energy.

Leaving the planet isn't a matter of cost, it's a matter of it being physically impossible given not only modern tech but we currently know of physics. Again, we do invest in renewable energy. The question is, how much more do you think we should be investing?

And yes, many deny science before he is POTUS, but he is the leader of the folks who deny, so he is a good example of who some trust with their scientific "facts" other than actual science.

Are you under the impression that DT has changed the way people think about climate change? He hasn't changed anyone's minds, he's pretty much a reflection of what people already believe If the Democrats, had someone impeached Trump, what do you think would have happened to what people believe about climate change? The answer is, absolutely nothing.

When I went to my Doctor, he said there's a 95% probability that I'll die within 5 years if I don't stop smoking. Some dude with a microphone and podium told me that doctor's are libtards, so I keep smoking, I mean the chances that the doctor, who has spent much of his life studying and practicing his field is actually right only means that I die before turning 50, so it's worth it!

Except that we've actually witnessed people die from complications related to smoking. The devastation you're claiming will come due to pollution isn't something anybody's ever witnessed before. And even if climate does change, we won't know whether it occurred because of human intervention or the earth's natural cycle. Trying to equate something we've witnessed to a prediction no one has ever seen before is rather weak arguement.

Oh, I forgot to say, because of the dire outcome (death) I decided to seek the opinion of 10,000 other doctors. 97% of them agreed with my doctor's prognosis, but I still believe the guy with the microphone and the podium, cuz..."libtards".

Except none of those Drs have actually seen the outcome you're claiming. And no, you didn't talk to 10,000 doctors, the media told you 10,000 think this. Of those 10,000, some of them aren't sure, but we'll count them anyway. And many of those haven't done the research themselves, they're just going with the crowd. And many of them aren't going to dare disagree since it puts their funding at risk.

Again, what are you claiming needs to be done, other than a vague 'more'? Are you in the AOC camp where the world will end in 10 years if we don't pass her green new deal? We should just give our money to other countries through the Paris Accords? Maybe something in between? Should you be forced to give up your Raptor? What do you want?

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
Didn’t have time to read through all the posts, but I still to make my 50 mile round trip to the office everyday. My baby is up to 15mpg and filled up 3/4 of a tank yesterday with 91(highest around here without searching) for $45. I’m doing ok.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy dogshit, Batman. A thread about saving miles, cheap gas, nowhere to go, and it blows up like Krakatoa East of Java.

I’ve been throwing my fat bike in the back of my truck and heading to the trails. I’ve been at homey depot buying lumber for my wife’s projects, mulch, been going to shop, just ride around. Plenty to do.

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta take my Rap out at least once a week to stretch its legs, i let it run around on the freeway until its tired. Raptors cannot be caged up, they need open roads...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not going to work + soccer + normal running around.

The only problem is....gas is cheap......and i just got a tune. I want to drive my truck, but have no place to go.
Go to Kroger and buy a bunch of gift cards to Lowe's, go to Lowe's and buy a bunch of gas cans and fuel stabilizer, go to Shell and use the Kroger fuel points to fill said gas cans. Buy it cheap now, save it for later

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Go to Kroger and buy a bunch of gift cards to Lowe's, go to Lowe's and buy a bunch of gas cans and fuel stabilizer, go to Shell and use the Kroger fuel points to fill said gas cans. Buy it cheap now, save it for later
Hummm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts