by my math....this covid19 crap has kept 1,500 miles off my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, you mention coal in regards to the two photos. Did China shutdown power plants as a result of the virus? I mean this as a legit question.

China cut coal powered powerplant operations by about 1/3 in additional to way, way less vehicles on the roads during the virus shutdown.

Last edited:

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you can probably find "scientists" on both sides of the isle, I believe this guy, climatologist, PHD, former NASA scientist, Dr. Roy Spencer.....http://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-natural-or-manmade/

Here's a quote from his website:
“Global warming” refers to the global-average temperature increase that has been observed over the last one hundred years or more. But to many politicians and the public, the term carries the implication that mankind is responsible for that warming. This website describes evidence from my group’s government-funded research that suggests global warming is mostly natural, and that the climate system is quite insensitive to humanity’s greenhouse gas emissions and aerosol pollution.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in actual topic, I’ve been using my wife’s car On most days since she’s been working from home since this whole thing began.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you can probably find "scientists" on both sides of the isle, I believe this guy, climatologist, PHD, former NASA scientist, Dr. Roy Spencer.....http://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-natural-or-manmade/

Here's a quote from his website:
“Global warming” refers to the global-average temperature increase that has been observed over the last one hundred years or more. But to many politicians and the public, the term carries the implication that mankind is responsible for that warming. This website describes evidence from my group’s government-funded research that suggests global warming is mostly natural, and that the climate system is quite insensitive to humanity’s greenhouse gas emissions and aerosol pollution.

Dude, dude, dude. Now how is any ******* going to even begin to use this???

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in actual topic, I’ve been using my wife’s car On most days since she’s been working from home since this whole thing began.

Unforeseen consequences.....How many of you are using battery tenders and fuel stabilization?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
China cut coal powered powerplant operations by about 1/3 in additional to way, way less vehicles on the roadS during the virus shutdown.

I know I could look it up, but would you happen to know what China uses for the other 40% of their power? Assuming it is not solar, hydro, etc. did they scale it back as well?

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, dude, dude. Now how is any ******* going to even begin to use this???

you can jump up and down all you want that you could, or the other poster could, find ONE guy that says that NASA is wrong. Good for you! 97% of the climate science community disagrees with Roy Spencer. I hope he's right, but I wouldn't bet on it, after all, he's stated his political bias “I view my job a little like a legislator, supported by the taxpayer, to protect the interests of the taxpayer and to minimize the role of government.”

but go right ahead and feel victorious! Ride it like a cowboy!

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unforeseen consequences.....How many of you are using battery tenders and fuel stabilization?

It’s not that bad. I take the Raptor out at least once a week. It’s otherwise been staying clean in the garage, while I drive my wife’s car on rainy days.