Buzzing in Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rammo

Reaction score
I have a 2019 raptor and recently I have been hearing a very loud buzzing sound emanating from the steering wheel. I have no idea what could be making that noise. Anyone else have this problem?

I attached a link to the video:

dhavener

Reaction score
Yup, I've been chasing a similar buzz for a while. Started off very infrequent and only at upper highway speeds, now it's happening almost daily and driving me nuts. It seems to be coming from the audio/other controls on the RH side of steering wheel; sometimes I'll squeeze the trim and it seems to stop for a bit. I plan to investigate further - will let ya know if I find anything.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have a 2019 raptor and recently I have been hearing a very loud buzzing sound emanating from the steering wheel. I have no idea what could be making that noise. Anyone else have this problem?

I attached a link to the video:
I can't hear it on my tablet, but if you have more than 20-25 miles on your BFG's, it's probably the tires. I have had 3 sets do it, always around the same speed 65-70-ish.

OP
OP
R

Rammo

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I took the truck to the dealership and they are telling us that it's the tires and that they will rotate the tires. I will update in a week or two and let you know if I still hear the sound.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
UPDATE: So the dealership rotated the tires and we no longer hear the buzzing noise in the steering wheel. The dealership advised to rotate the tires every 3,000-5,000 miles.
I heard that the BFG were all the buzz but thought it was a lot of advertising hype.