Buying Used advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! I ended up picking up a 14 SCREW in tuxedo black/blue interior accents with all the bells and whistles, at 55k miles, for 46k. From Carmax, and I'm doing the extended warranty 5 years/150k miles, it's pro rated so I can cancel or transfer if needed or if I decide to mod. Can't wait for it to get here!

At some point I'll trade up for a Used 17-18... but I do wonder if the 6.2 V8 might be more desirable to some buyers in the future, depending on engine issues with the V6... who knows. I'm also ok with keeping it a long time. Thanks again for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

45f0eb5ed21a23f3b36ee5da797acd0e.jpg97c5399db9c2855a413b16c91cf0d3b2.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Not sure how I feel about the hood graphics...

Nice looking truck! Like I mentioned before, you're probably close to the shocks needing rebuilt especially if they are leaking.

nanochicken

Reaction score
I've decided that I'll be looking at used Gen 1's. The 2018 engine options sound nice, but there are just too many quality issues that I've seen posted with the Gen 2's that should have been caught by Ford quality control.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
now a days it takes forever to find a good thread, because of GEN2 pollution. they have two types of threads. 1. how great and superior the truck is, how fast you can get from 0 to 60 on a paved road, etc
2. never ending quality issues, and mechanical gremlins. Good move with the 2014...

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice looking truck. i am gonna suggest one minor change though. go get it dirty and post the pics lol

OP
OP
P

Penukoko

Reaction score
What was the cost of the Carmax warranty? What terms- deductible, mileage, and months? Interested in doing the same as you!

I don't remember exactly, but it ranged from smallest deductible to largest. I got the 150k mile warranty but might end up canceling it if I start tweaking the truck. Already wanting a tune. It's a couple grand for the warranty but it all depends on how much you want your deductible to be and how many months. If u pop into a Carmax they can price it out for you. Oh- and the 30 day warranty is nice too- I found a bunch of issues that they had to fix for me and at no cost- rear sliding window was going out (replaced switch), rear locking diff wouldn't engage (fixed harness), muffler rattle (replaced muffler). Good luck!