Buying my first raptor tom. Need help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rhinomax

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I need help. Is getting a 19 really worth it. I can get a lead foot 18 for about 5k off list and a 19 in black for about 3k off. The 18 stickers for 69,7 and the 19 is right at 73. Basically there is a 5 k difference between the trucks net. I love the lead foot and like the black.

Do you guys really think there is that big of a difference between the 18 to the 19. What are your thoughts on what I should do? Let’s hear it.

Are the new shocks really that much better?

Thanks

Rhino

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, not a huge difference between the two.

Is the "new new" or the savings more important? Both essentially the same truck. The new shocks are definitely cool, but i am not sure how much they'll matter to me after the newness of it wears off.

Either way you'll be happy. Ive owned a '17 and now a '19.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You’re probably going to have it for a while, so get the one you like the most. Feature wise, there’s not a whole lot of difference.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re getting recaros in a 19 i would go that route for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lead Foot is a desirable color no longer being offered and sure to be in demand. Could make a difference at trade in time.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat. I purchased a new 2018 in November and have enjoyed it for three months. I have no regrets. I have used the money saved by going with the 2018, for accessories. FWIW you have a high class problem. No matter what you decide, you’ll end up with a great truck. Good luck with your decision.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push back for a bit more on the 18'. You should be able to get it for invoice. The dealership still gets ~$2000 from Ford after the sale of the Raptor. On a $70k sticker, the invoice is around $63k. That would be enough for me to choose a Leadfoot 18' over a Black 19'.