Buying a used Raptor sight unseen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my used 2012 screw silver over the phone. Clean car fax history with dealer service record. Had 49000 miles. I was a lil worried but after combing FRF for a year I learned that raptors are a damn tough truck. I quickly put on method double standard wheels with pro comp AT and a set of raptor retro fit head lights and I just love the damn thing to death. Get a Raptor ! New , used doesn't matter. Get one . Every time I drive that big sum b@tch around town I smile so big I look crazy and I don't care.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
My 2013 had 11,700 miles on it and was in Salt Lake City, UT which I had transferred to Oxnard, CA. I paid $299 to have it transferred based only on pictures.

The truck arrived with near perfect condition with brand new OEM BFG's and the price was what I expected going by other Raptors for sale.

Carmax also gave me far more than I was expecting for my '06 Titan I was trading in. The Titan was in excellent condition with under 90,000 miles and Carmax gave me the highest trade-in value. I was very happy over all with my deal.

By the looks of the Raptor you are looking at I would say you have a good deal and the bottom line is that you are happy with the deal. If you are, go for it!

OP
OP
J

Jens69

Reaction score
Getting through the decision to buy it was tough, waiting for it to arrive is even tougher. And I'm a Chevy girl.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 had 11,700 miles on it and was in Salt Lake City, UT which I had transferred to Oxnard, CA. I paid $299 to have it transferred based only on pictures.

The truck arrived with near perfect condition with brand new OEM BFG's and the price was what I expected going by other Raptors for sale.

Carmax also gave me far more than I was expecting for my '06 Titan I was trading in. The Titan was in excellent condition with under 90,000 miles and Carmax gave me the highest trade-in value. I was very happy over all with my deal.

By the looks of the Raptor you are looking at I would say you have a good deal and the bottom line is that you are happy with the deal. If you are, go for it!

I've seen a couple of trucks on Carmax that have been pretty reasonably priced for what they had, especially if you value not having to negotiate. Definitely going to take my Jeep up there to at least appraise the trade-in when I shop for Raptors this summer.