GEN 1 Buying a Raptor from Mexico??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive bought and sold cars/trucks from Canada but not Mexico, so it may be a legit vehicle that was traded in by a Mexican National living in both countries... Ive traded in Canadian Diesels here in Texas, and the dealer rarely ever looks at the dash in KPH..lol.. They just want the deal done.
We wsee it here in San Antonio all the time. Vehicle bought in Mexico then traded in to a dealer in US. Dealer takes trade based on the US plates, doesnt do a vin search and the owner is already down the road in a brand new vehicle before they realoze it... The dealer wants to move the new car bad, thinks they are into the trade with low $$ and doest do homework.

Once dealer realizes that the truck will be hard to sell with Mexico history, he ofloads it at the auction to the next lazy dealer that doesnt look into it.

Here is my take on it.
Is the truck straight and clean? Are there wrench/tool marks on any of the nuts/bolts under the hood, on the suspension, any markes on the painted body bolts? If not, its probably a clean truck.

Now do your homework... How cheap can you get it?
The dealer that has it, is probably struggling to find someone that isnt thinking the same as you... Mexican Raptor...
What are you willing to pay? Remember that you will need to sell it one day and will have to unload a Mexican Raptor and need to get your money back out.
Treat it like buying a vehicle that has bad car fax... it might be a great truck, but dont get hurt financially.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, this looks loke a pretty clean truck. I don't know why there is such hesitation behind it. check the rear bumper edges that wrap around the beside. Are they blasted from offroading? The clear indicators that this was beat aren't there. The rear shock guards are clean, the bottom of the nerf bars are pitted, but clean, the rockers are clean as well. Heck, even the transmission support isn't blasted from hours off road abuse. the Engine looks clean, and even the auxillary light wiring was done properly. It also looks like there are mounts for light pods in the front bumper opening, which, if that case, would make it really easy for an aux light upgrade. My truck has basic halogens, however, you can upgrade the lights effortlessly. The coolant even looks very clean. My reservoir always has except for some gritty crap on the upper side. Take it to a mech, check all the fluids, but imo it looks pretty clean.