GEN 1 Buying a Raptor from Mexico??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came across a Raptor that I want but the CarFax and AutoCheck history was missing a lot. Neither show a personal or corporate owner and the first entry was at 34,797 miles on 8/20/18 in Southern California. Sold at an auction 12/3/18 which is very strange for a low mileage Raptor and then the Oasis report answered my question. Registered in Mexico.

Any chance this was a repo in a drug bust by DHS? Any concerns I should have?

So no drivetrain warranty? Speedometer in KPH? Would I be able to buy an extended warranty?

qKXOJTN.jpg

Would this have all the emissions equipment to pass in the States? It does say it passed emissions in Chula Vista 2 months ago and AZ emissions is a breeze(CEL and locking gas cap)

Anything glaringly wrong in these photos besides the wet skid plate? That look like oil?

6VJc8tz.jpg
Pjfb1f4.jpg
kAxwGjw.jpg
juoRWdc.jpg
keQrR7R.jpg
8UPSS4X.jpg

Last edited:

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its being sold by a NV dealer it will have to have pass a smog check before they can sell it.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its being sold by a NV dealer it will have to have pass a smog check before they can sell it.
Correct, it passed smog in Chula Vista so Im assuming its no different than any truck here.

Did SVT make a KPH speedometer? Curious what this one has. Leaning towards passing on it

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rare that someone wouldn't want the HIDs. Cannot find a website to pull up the window sticker either

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 800A was 5k cheaper back in 2014 and HID's weren't option so it could have been a money thing. The 801A luxury package came with HID's included automatically.

It does seem like there a few red flags. I'd probably pass.

blbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would rather be safe than sorry.
Find one that has a clean carfax/auotcheck and known history.