Buying a Raptor - FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAPTORZIN

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there is any risk or penalty for multiple orders. I put in three orders
( different dealers and dates ) and nobody noticed.
good luck
To my knowledge no risk at all. Ford wants to sell 'em. They don't care what dealer is involved. I spoke with a dealer yesterday that has an allocation of 2 and they've taken 6 orders with deposits on the 2 they have. If you don't buy it, someone will.

DistrictCane

Reaction score
I placed a 2024 order last week with a local dealer. Dealer confirmed they had an allocation for a retail order and were willing to do MSRP (I had to work them down from a $2500 markup). They asked for a copy of my license and a $1k refundable deposit, and then on Thursday afternoon I was told the order would be placed but haven't heard anything since.

Per this thread I should eventually receive a confirmation email from Ford, and it seems like prior to that there is something called a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) and COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) Confirmation that documents Ford's acknowledgment of the order. I haven't received anything from the dealer other than a receipt for my $1k deposit.

For those more familiar with the Ford ordering process, any idea what type of confirmation I can request at this point? If the dealer did place my order on Thursday I'd think the DORA and/or COVP Confirmation should be something they can share with me.

RaptorJoe331

Reaction score
I placed a 2024 order last week with a local dealer. Dealer confirmed they had an allocation for a retail order and were willing to do MSRP (I had to work them down from a $2500 markup). They asked for a copy of my license and a $1k refundable deposit, and then on Thursday afternoon I was told the order would be placed but haven't heard anything since.

Per this thread I should eventually receive a confirmation email from Ford, and it seems like prior to that there is something called a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) and COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) Confirmation that documents Ford's acknowledgment of the order. I haven't received anything from the dealer other than a receipt for my $1k deposit.

For those more familiar with the Ford ordering process, any idea what type of confirmation I can request at this point? If the dealer did place my order on Thursday I'd think the DORA and/or COVP Confirmation should be something they can share with me.
I placed a retail order a few days ago with a dealer who told me they still had allocations available for the 1st quater. I received the ford order preview paper and an order form from the dealer with all the numbers, which i had to sign and that's it. I asked the next day if the order was submitted and was told the order definitely went through and their manager keeps an eye on the orders. Once its assigned a build date they will reach out to me and can track it once its in the plant.

Now when i ordered my ranger raptor, i received an order confirmation email from Ford almost instantly when they submitted my order. No useful information on it other then an order number and ford saying they received the order. When i asked the dealer why i didn't receive one of those for the F150 Raptor, he said Ford usually doesn't send those out for the F150 Raptors

I wish i had some sort of confirmation from Ford about my order at least like with the Ranger Raptor

Last edited:

DistrictCane

Reaction score
Interesting you received a DORA already. My dealership said I'm first in line for a 24MY and all I have is an Order Summary with Priority Code 19. He did said he would share a DORA once available but my order has been in since 9/13/24 and no DORA yet. You mind sharing a screenshot of your DORA? I'd like to show my dealership with the hope of triggering some movement.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My order summary is 09/26/2023 and yet Ford confirmation,withe the strike is going to be some time..............

RaptorJoe331

Reaction score
Interesting you received a DORA already. My dealership said I'm first in line for a 24MY and all I have is an Order Summary with Priority Code 19. He did said he would share a DORA once available but my order has been in since 9/13/24 and no DORA yet. You mind sharing a screenshot of your DORA? I'd like to show my dealership with the hope of triggering some movement.
Okay so that is my fault, I have not received a DORA. I did a quick google and everything I saw was calling the order preview paper with the priority code and dealer info, the DORA. I apologize for that, I am new to all this

RaptorJoe331

Reaction score
I had a buddy order a Raptor at a different dealer and he also did not receive an order confirmation from Ford yet.

I’ve read elsewhere you won’t see order confirmations from Ford until scheduling actually starts for that model. I guess we will see if that’s true considering scheduling for the 2024MY F150 starts this week

Subaruski

Reaction score
Sounds like RaptorJoe has one of the first vins and build schedule dates for a 2024. He posted in another thread that he received a vin and a mid December build date for an 801a packaged truck.

I placed a retail order a few days ago with a dealer who told me they still had allocations available for the 1st quater. I received the ford order preview paper and an order form from the dealer with all the numbers, which i had to sign and that's it. I asked the next day if the order was submitted and was told the order definitely went through and their manager keeps an eye on the orders. Once its assigned a build date they will reach out to me and can track it once its in the plant.

Now when i ordered my ranger raptor, i received an order confirmation email from Ford almost instantly when they submitted my order. No useful information on it other then an order number and ford saying they received the order. When i asked the dealer why i didn't receive one of those for the F150 Raptor, he said Ford usually doesn't send those out for the F150 Raptors

I wish i had some sort of confirmation from Ford about my order at least like with the Ranger Raptor

RaptorJoe331

Reaction score
Sounds like RaptorJoe has one of the first vins and build schedule dates for a 2024. He posted in another thread that he received a vin and a mid December build date for an 801a packaged truck.
That is correct. Scheduled for week of 12/18.

I’ve seen a few people with the same build week so far, nothing before 12/18 though, so I’m assuming that’s when MY24 production is scheduled to start