Buying a Gen 1 out of state?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colinago

Reaction score
Hi all I am new here and I am in the market for a Gen 1. California market is crazy expensive. In the beginning I was looking for a Gen 2 used and learned that it needs to be California happy with emissions. Does anyone know the rules of Gen 1's and the emission regulations for California. I will be looking in Fort Worth, Texas as well as California. Thank you all!

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that as long as the catalytic converters (well and fuel filler cap/evap canister, etc. like it came from the factory) were intact, they were 50-state legal, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
C

Colinago

Reaction score
I was under the impression that as long as the catalytic converters (well and fuel filler cap/evap canister, etc. like it came from the factory) were intact, they were 50-state legal, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

During my investigation into the Gen 2's there are specific California emission friendly ones and ones that are not. There is a sticker on underside of the hood that states California if its friendly. I just don't know about Gen 1's

Bobbymartinez

Reaction score
I’m also in the market for a Gen1 out of state importing into California... trying to find the same answer! I’ll keep researching and post if I learn anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk