Buyer Beware!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwdlaw

Reaction score
I couldn’t make up….

So, after searching for weeks and calling numerous dealerships, I found a black 801A without any add ons that i could afford in West Virginia (I am from Dallas).

I flew up to WV Wednesday stayed overnight (because my flight landed at 9pm) and yesterday picked up my brand new Raptor. I have wanted a Raptor forever and after saving up my pennies for years, I finally had my dream truck!! It was christmas and my birthday all wrapped into one.

So I start driving my new truck back to Dallas. 12 hours yesterday and 5 hours today. I am an hour from the house and all hell breaks loose.

I get a coolant warning light and an engine overheating light and the truck reduces power in the middle of the highway. After safely getting to the shoulder, the truck shuts off. Steam coming from engine bay.

So, first i call the WV dealership and ask for the Ford roadside assistance number. After 20 min talking to the dumbest guy ever, he tells me i will need to pay for the tow!!! After a few choice words i hung up and called a local tow truck.

After the tow arrives, we cant get the truck into neutral. When we finally find the release strap under the steering column, we still cant move the truck because the electronic parking break keeps engaging. Finally figured out had to put whole truck in service mode to get on the truck.

Oh, and at this point the truck will no longer start at all.

Finally get to the dealership and they tell me that they have no techs to look at it and no one will likely look at it until next week.

So, here i sit in a rural dealership in nowhere, Texas waiting on my wife to pick me up after dropping $80k on my dream truck that has now become a nightmare.

Hope ya’ll have better experiences with your new 2021 Raptors.

Attachments

• FE7D9B68-B14B-4B54-B4DC-8089A614BA35.jpeg
    FE7D9B68-B14B-4B54-B4DC-8089A614BA35.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 289
  • 90EA84CF-3DD6-460D-B6B9-B9B5205B965C.jpeg
    90EA84CF-3DD6-460D-B6B9-B9B5205B965C.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 284

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely horrible to hear. I hope you can get it fixed and back on the road. Ford will make it right, they don't want the bad press out there.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t make up….

So, after searching for weeks and calling numerous dealerships, I found a black 801A without any add ons that i could afford in West Virginia (I am from Dallas).

I flew up to WV Wednesday stayed overnight (because my flight landed at 9pm) and yesterday picked up my brand new Raptor. I have wanted a Raptor forever and after saving up my pennies for years, I finally had my dream truck!! It was christmas and my birthday all wrapped into one.

So I start driving my new truck back to Dallas. 12 hours yesterday and 5 hours today. I am an hour from the house and all hell breaks loose.

I get a coolant warning light and an engine overheating light and the truck reduces power in the middle of the highway. After safely getting to the shoulder, the truck shuts off. Steam coming from engine bay.

So, first i call the WV dealership and ask for the Ford roadside assistance number. After 20 min talking to the dumbest guy ever, he tells me i will need to pay for the tow!!! After a few choice words i hung up and called a local tow truck.

After the tow arrives, we cant get the truck into neutral. When we finally find the release strap under the steering column, we still cant move the truck because the electronic parking break keeps engaging. Finally figured out had to put whole truck in service mode to get on the truck.

Oh, and at this point the truck will no longer start at all.

Finally get to the dealership and they tell me that they have no techs to look at it and no one will likely look at it until next week.

So, here i sit in a rural dealership in nowhere, Texas waiting on my wife to pick me up after dropping $80k on my dream truck that has now become a nightmare.

Hope ya’ll have better experiences with your new 2021 Raptors.
Bummer…

I have had “good” response out of my local Ford dealership in the past when it comes to repairs, hope everything works out for you!!! Had the entire lower engine block replaced at less than 20,000 miles after a piece of a piston broke off and metal was bouncing around inside :33:

I did own two (2) Mercedes-Benz GL wagons in a row … long story short, BOTH vehicles were bought back by MBUSA due to electrical malfunctions that could never be fixed. **** happens to ALL vehicles regardless of manufacturer.

Might want to look into lemon law, document everything send in a formal complaint to Ford Motor Company and see if you can somehow order a new vehicle considering you just drove this one off of the lot. Certainly don’t want to be driving around in BAD-Ju-Ju…