GEN 2 Buyback Authorized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm less than $1k in usage fee. Originally they quoted me 2-3k!!! Still waiting on the conversion of the replacement offer to a refund to see the final details.

G

2018. First documented issue was 2,000 miles but it definitely came from the factory with this issue. Water kept leaking inside the cab and it was not from the moonroof. Brought back to the dealer 3 times and got ford to approve a buyback/replacement. Brought back a 4th time and has been there for 4 weeks now. Just talked with Ford RAV today and accepted their offer for buyback. Had enough arguing with them about compensation and took the $800 hit usuage fee.

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the converted "refund" letter. "Fair usage" doesn't seem very fair. Basically I'm fighting with them on when the "first reported issue" was. I, of course was denied and the final offer stands. In addition, I asked about registration fees (only because NV Lemon Law Refund states that this should also be refunded)...again I was denied that claim. So, I've reached out to a lawyer to review my case and hope they can make this work out in my favor...as well as some sort of agreement where I can use this vehicle till the next one arrives or offer some sort of compensation in the meantime. Stay tuned...

Blee22

Reaction score
Just got the converted "refund" letter. "Fair usage" doesn't seem very fair. Basically I'm fighting with them on when the "first reported issue" was. I, of course was denied and the final offer stands. In addition, I asked about registration fees (only because NV Lemon Law Refund states that this should also be refunded)...again I was denied that claim. So, I've reached out to a lawyer to review my case and hope they can make this work out in my favor...as well as some sort of agreement where I can use this vehicle till the next one arrives or offer some sort of compensation in the meantime. Stay tuned...

Ford doesn’t not make this to be an easy process. They make it seem like customer is in the wrong when their poor quality control at the factories is what is causing these issues. Very disappointed in the way Ford treats their customers.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 has been in the shop 24 days total for 4 different warranty issues.

1. Charging system fault
2. Timing belt tensioner failure
3. Throttle body replaced
4. Turbo boost sensor error

Wonder if I qualify for a buy back yet...

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Which is why I gave up trying to fight for what I think is right. So, just letting the lawyer handle it for now (actually, they are just reviewing the case for now). I assume if they seem what I've been offered is fair, they won't pick up the case.

Ford doesn’t not make this to be an easy process. They make it seem like customer is in the wrong when their poor quality control at the factories is what is causing these issues. Very disappointed in the way Ford treats their customers.

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the Lemon Laws of your state.

My 2018 has been in the shop 24 days total for 4 different warranty issues.

1. Charging system fault
2. Timing belt tensioner failure
3. Throttle body replaced
4. Turbo boost sensor error

Wonder if I qualify for a buy back yet...

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got feedback from the lawyer. The offer from Ford is legit according to law and the lawyers will not be able to get anything more for me.

I will be signing the paperwork tomorrow but had one last question to RAV in hopes of getting some sort of extension to keep my vehicle longer or some kind of deal to help with me not having a vehicle until the 2019 is delivered. It's a Longshot, but can't hurt to ask.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try the BBB auto mediation/arbitration process. No cost, not binding on you, fully binding on the manufacturer. You really do not have much to lose.
Mediation isn’t ever binding. It’s just a forum for the parties to work out a settlement. If you settle, the settlement agreement is a contract that is binding on both parties. Arbitration is binding, but BBB doesn’t do that.

Can I ask how much lawyer fees you guys are paying or being quoted? It seems like even if you get $1,000-2,000 more for the buy back going through an attorney, your attorney’s fee would offset that. You’d have to really win big and get the court to award attorney’s fee, which could take a year or so.