GEN 2 Buyback Authorized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going with another Raptor, I'd surely go with the newest model. Ford changes stuff as they go and we never know about it. If they are finding the root issues with failed '17 engines, a '19 would stand a way better chance of having any "fix" from Ford than an '18 would.
I am not so sure... for what I have read on this and other forums, it seems that 2018s are having more power train issues than 2017s!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on Ford Letterhead yes. But, the person that sent it was from Concentrix.

Your letter didn't come from Ford's RAV department? It's outsourced to Concentrix but the letter will be addressed directly from Ford.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My letter from Ford/RAV department was four pages and outlined the choices of a refund or replacement. The only thing I needed to send in at that point was whether I was requesting one or the other within 14 days. None of it was binding as Ford could decide on offering a refund over trying to get a replacement.

The letter I received outlined that Ford Motor Company does not credit for non-recoverable aftermarket accessories (e.g. lift kits, window tint, paint).

The details of the offer won't come until the very end of the process (if you go with a replacement, they are able to secure an allocation, and the truck arrives at your dealership). This is when they will present an offer minus the deductions for mileage, etc.

What state did you purchase your truck? They will be following Lemon law guidelines of that state.

Have you spoken with your dealer about whether they are willing to work with RAV if you wanted to do a replacement? If they say no, you are going to have to find a dealer in the same state of purchase who is willing to work with RAV on an MSRP deal.

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the info! Yeah, mine is a 3 page letter. Only replacement (no refund) because that's what I asked for. I've been working with my salesman, and he's really the only one that has been walking me thru what I needed to do. Seems like at this point the only choice I have is to sign the document no matter what.

I just don't want to be screwed in the end for having to pay miles for what's left on the vehicle (compared to the first reported incident - and they had me stringing along for 5-6 months trying to figure it out).

I've left a voicemail for RAV to get some clarity on what to expect...but, based on what you're telling me...sounds like it doesn't happen till the end.

My letter from Ford/RAV department was four pages and outlined the choices of a refund or replacement. The only thing I needed to send in at that point was whether I was requesting one or the other within 14 days. None of it was binding as Ford could decide on offering a refund over trying to get a replacement.

The letter I received outlined that Ford Motor Company does not credit for non-recoverable aftermarket accessories (e.g. lift kits, window tint, paint).

The details of the offer won't come until the very end of the process (if you go with a replacement, they are able to secure an allocation, and the truck arrives at your dealership). This is when they will present an offer minus the deductions for mileage, etc.

What state did you purchase your truck? They will be following Lemon law guidelines of that state.

Have you spoken with your dealer about whether they are willing to work with RAV if you wanted to do a replacement? If they say no, you are going to have to find a dealer in the same state of purchase who is willing to work with RAV on an MSRP deal.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're at the point where nothing is binding and you're agreeing to a replacement. Have you confirmed with the salesman he has spoken with his managers in that the dealer is indeed willing to work with RAV? This is key as the first rep I had with RAV was very knowledgeable/helpful in explaining that not every dealer is willing to do a RAV deal, especially on a Raptor. The RAV rep is going to be dealing with the service manager of the dealership, not your salesman.

Once you get in touch with your rep, confirm your dealer is willing to do a RAV deal, then they'll send it up the ranks to try and get an allocation for a build. Calculate the mileage deduction for the first incident so you have a baseline.

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have done replacements there before. My salesman and service person also recommended it. My salesperson has been waiting on the letter to come in from RAV so they can get my order going without a downpayment...which is where we are at now. I just didn't want to be in a binding agreement when the fine details were not on the RAV letter. Again, thank you for confirming that all the letter is confirming is that I'm deciding on a replacement. :)

What makes this uneasy is that I have to pay all the fees all over again (transfer, title, license, etc). Tax i understand...but all these fees again?

You're at the point where nothing is binding and you're agreeing to a replacement. Have you confirmed with the salesman he has spoken with his managers in that the dealer is indeed willing to work with RAV? This is key as the first rep I had with RAV was very knowledgeable/helpful in explaining that not every dealer is willing to do a RAV deal, especially on a Raptor. The RAV rep is going to be dealing with the service manager of the dealership, not your salesman.

Once you get in touch with your rep, confirm your dealer is willing to do a RAV deal, then they'll send it up the ranks to try and get an allocation for a build. Calculate the mileage deduction for the first incident so you have a baseline.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have done replacements there before. My salesman and service person also recommended it. My salesperson has been waiting on the letter to come in from RAV so they can get my order going without a downpayment...which is where we are at now. I just didn't want to be in a binding agreement when the fine details were not on the RAV letter. Again, thank you for confirming that all the letter is confirming is that I'm deciding on a replacement. :)

What makes this uneasy is that I have to pay all the fees all over again (transfer, title, license, etc). Tax i understand...but all these fees again?

Do you have your own attorney? Might be time to lawyer up. Otherwise it’s you against a professional legal team.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
If you get a lawyer they will stop all proceedings and not talk to you any more. Additionaly it will take 3 months or so to complete

OP
OP
J

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no lawyer needed just yet. Was just trying make sure the offer letter was standard to what others have seen. Specifically in terms of what will be charged for "fair use/wear" on the vehicle as well as the fees denoted within. I keep hearing on the "first reported incident", however the offer letter is so vague and don't want to be bound to this letter in terms of agreement.

Seems like I don't really have a choice at this point. If I don't hear back from RAV today, I'll just send the paperwork in.

If you get a lawyer they will stop all proceedings and not talk to you any more. Additionaly it will take 3 months or so to complete

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d ask for a letter of clarification. They want you to accept those terms. When a friend of mine bought a Z06 and it went into limp mode, every fourth lap, he sought a buyback. Yes, an attorney on his behalf got involved and they ultimately reimbursed his costs for buying the vehicle. I remember seeing a check for almost $120k, that had to be taxes and everything on a 3LZ Z06 with CCBs.

When my Certified Pre-Owned 5.4L blew out a cam chain tensioner and ate itself backing into my driveway I called Ford the next am. It went to the nearest dealer (vs 80 miles away where I bought it) and sat for a week. Frustrated I called a lemon law attorney and with no money out of pocket that thing was being shipped to the original dealer and they dropped in a new engine.

I follow simple rules. The other side plays to minimize their losses and they already took your money. They don’t want to buy it back and certainly not for what you paid to purchase it from them. They would love for you to eat the taxes paid, dealer prep and destination fees with mileage on top of all that.

If the other side is employing a contractor with attorneys on payroll, writing up my terms, I too will use an attorney. While people will initially stop talking, it only stands to cost Ford more money, PLUS attorney fees to drag that case to the end and pay $100-150k vs writing you a check for the entire amount.