Burning Oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had FSA 21B10 completed you already have the update.
I am on the original software per advisement directly from the inside of FP because I ended up with new hardware which I was told was properly hardend to prevent the wear issue from coming back again . So if you are on the original software or what I call the rollback software (21N08 - I found the original mailing and its referred to as the original software) if you were having shutter issues with 21B10, I assume then you don't have that update? I got my phasers replaced in Nov 2021 right as that program was coming out and it was a complete fiasco. According to my paperwork none of the program names are listed just TSB-21-2119

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, and same here. My truck was built prior to the updated software and it uses no oil between oil changes.

The issue only occurs if you drive aggressively with a lot of engine braking.
I have a 2019 and have had excessive oil consumption. I am definitely not hard on the truck. I hope the reprogramming they just did fixes my issues.

Last edited: