Burger Motorsports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the Ford world but with BMWs these types of piggybacks can be detected but not easily and in a completely different fashion than the way one would detect a flash tune. Basically, other sensors not manipulated by the piggyback would likely be showing values outside of their normal operating thresholds which would certainly raise a red flag if someone dug into the log files. I will say this is pretty rare though and the only reason BMW/Ford would dig into this would be a very expensive repair such as catastrophic engine failure.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran this on my 2008 BMW 335i. Great piggyback and really woke up the car.
Never had any issues with it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will wake up a Raptor too. Normal mode is improved but at times still laggy. Sport mode is a treat! The truck can really use a TCM tune but this works good.

JCU Delt Ox

Reaction score
I got the JB4 installed without issue. The toughest part of the whole install is running the cable through the firewall to the OBD. I'm running Map2 because I run 93 Octane at all times and the truck is running great. The JB4 App that costs an additional $27 isn't functioning as well. It connects fine, but many of the gauges show no reading. I need to play around with the App more to figure out what's going on.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the JB4 installed without issue. The toughest part of the whole install is running the cable through the firewall to the OBD. I'm running Map2 because I run 93 Octane at all times and the truck is running great. The JB4 App that costs an additional $27 isn't functioning as well. It connects fine, but many of the gauges show no reading. I need to play around with the App more to figure out what's going on.
You purchased and configured the BT adapter correctly?

JCU Delt Ox

Reaction score
You purchased and configured the BT adapter correctly?
No issues with the install. It syncs up to the truck just fine. The problem is the read-out on the App is hit and miss. Sometimes i'll be connected and see all the gauges and another time the only reading displayed is boost. I'm going to keep monitoring it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No issues with the install. It syncs up to the truck just fine. The problem is the read-out on the App is hit and miss. Sometimes i'll be connected and see all the gauges and another time the only reading displayed is boost. I'm going to keep monitoring it.
I’d make sure everything is updated.