Bunch'o'Lights

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by OUTCAST, Jul 28, 2013.

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES
  1. OUTCAST

OUTCAST Full Access Member

For my 13' Scab (That has yet to arrive), I've accumulated a closet full of pieces and parts, AKA: Mods. Among these pieces and parts, I chose to go with a Ford Racing Light Bar and the 4 KC Hiliters, 2 long, 2 Fogs. I like the original, "back in the day" look of the first Raptors and the light bar, but, I am also a fan of the new stuff, thus I have a set of Rigid Dualies sitting in the same pile of boxes.

Here's my question...should I wire the KC and Rigid fogs on same switch and all longs on another or separate them all and that way I can flip switches for the "Close Encounters" replay?

I don't think the LEDs draw a whole lot of amps and would be fine on a switch with the KC's. I could be wrong. I just figure they'll all be on together anyway.

2. pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR FRF Addict

Depends on how many amps those 4 kc lights draw. You might have to put the 4 kc lights on one and the two dually's on another

3. OUTCAST

I guess that's really what I'm asking.

The Hiliters have a 20 amp fuse in the wiring harness and the Dualies a 15 amp. So that would be 35 total, but fuse rating are usually a bit higher than what is needed. I've seen guys here on the forum replace and swap fuses and relays around to accommodate lighting and other electrical mods. I'm pretty sure I'd be fine, just wondering if there would be a need to not have all "on". Maybe at night, trailing another vehicle is all I can think of.

4. pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR FRF Addict

The switches go #1 30amp #2 30amp #3 15amp #4 10amp
    So you would have to have them on separate switches

SwampKing likes this.
  5. G & P Racing

G & P Racing FRF Addict

I agree, four HID's across the front has a certain cool factor. For me, having fogs, spots, driving lights all on there own switches let me choose what works best for a given situation. All on can be too much sometimes. Kick out some pics of your new setup when you can.

OUTCAST likes this.
  6. OUTCAST

All circuits have the same gauge wire. 3 and 4 fuses and relays can be replaced w/ 30amp. Not even sure what a 10amp on 4 would be useful for.

7. pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR FRF Addict

I use my number 4 switch for my for my rear facing amber LEDs on my bed rail mounts.

OUTCAST likes this.
  8. G & P Racing

G & P Racing FRF Addict

You can use it for anything. Just tie it to a relay and you can switch a larger load.

OUTCAST likes this.
  9. OUTCAST

See, now I know! Lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I knew that, I just didn't think along those lines. Too many Top Shelves last night! Lol

10. Rookie

Rookie Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Pics!

OUTCAST likes this.