Bumper Mounted Rigid vs F150LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all...would like some opinions on whether to go with the spendy Rigid RDS-SR 40” curved bar or the thrifty F150LED Paladin 44” curved bar to mount on my front bumper. I want to limit any blockage from the front camera without having to relocate. Have seen them both mounted and they both look quite nice.

Obviously, there’s a massive price difference. RDS-SR 40” will run at least $1100 unless I find a screaming sale and the mounting bracket probably another $200. The Paladin with included mounting hardware runs $350. I know Rigid has tried and true name and wins the lumen battle 31.7K to 26.4K (though not a huge difference). I even get the impression the Paladin obscures the camera view a bit less. One knock on the Paladin is it is a direct drill into bumper mount so there is a permanent hole.

Money isn’t a huge issue with me but I think most would at least pause at a $950 difference in price which seems pretty significant.

Please throw me your opinions! Love a convincing argument one way or the other!

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all...would like some opinions on whether to go with the spendy Rigid RDS-SR 40” curved bar or the thrifty F150LED Paladin 44” curved bar to mount on my front bumper. I want to limit any blockage from the front camera without having to relocate. Have seen them both mounted and they both look quite nice.

Obviously, there’s a massive price difference. RDS-SR 40” will run at least $1100 unless I find a screaming sale and the mounting bracket probably another $200. The Paladin with included mounting hardware runs $350. I know Rigid has tried and true name and wins the lumen battle 31.7K to 26.4K (though not a huge difference). I even get the impression the Paladin obscures the camera view a bit less. One knock on the Paladin is it is a direct drill into bumper mount so there is a permanent hole.

Money isn’t a huge issue with me but I think most would at least pause at a $950 difference in price which seems pretty significant.

Please throw me your opinions! Love a convincing argument one way or the other!

So I actually have a Paladin and I love it. Money wasn't really an issue on my end either, however I would rather direct the dollars elsewhere. Ultimately, after checking out some of my Raptor buddies, and their lightbars and what not, I decided to get in touch with the guys over at F150LEDs and pick up the Paladin. No issues, bright as hell and easy install. Yes, you have a hole to drill into the bumper...small price to pay in my opinion.

Like any solution to a problem or a want, there are always a ton of outcomes. I stuck with the "cheaper" side and it has suited me very while so far.

Photo Feb 04, 07 10 07.jpg Photo Feb 03, 19 16 36.jpg Photo Feb 03, 19 11 38.jpg Photo Feb 03, 19 10 53.jpg

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I actually have a Paladin and I love it. Money wasn't really an issue on my end either, however I would rather direct the dollars elsewhere. Ultimately, after checking out some of my Raptor buddies, and their lightbars and what not, I decided to get in touch with the guys over at F150LEDs and pick up the Paladin. No issues, bright as hell and easy install. Yes, you have a hole to drill into the bumper...small price to pay in my opinion.

Like any solution to a problem or a want, there are always a ton of outcomes. I stuck with the "cheaper" side and it has suited me very while so far.

View attachment 138217 View attachment 138218 View attachment 138219 View attachment 138220

Thx Alpha! Boy is that a wide toothy grin on your Raptor! You think the build quality of the light itself is solid? Appreciate the great pics too!

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx Alpha! Boy is that a wide toothy grin on your Raptor! You think the build quality of the light itself is solid? Appreciate the great pics too!

Thing was heavy and felt solid. I definitely couldn't complain about the quality feel. I've installed some cheap ass lights before on other cars and you can just feel that price...Lol...but this wasn't the case.

So far so good!

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, just a small side note, you do still get a weeeeeeeeeeee bit of the bar in the camera. Just enough to know it's there, but not enough to impede anything or be of an annoyance.

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own. I desperately need the light where I live and I think Alphatwox pics look amazing. Looks very integrated. Debated the behind the grill S8’s but didn’t want the hassle, and these are less than 1/2 the price, and more lumens.