Bump Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Did you see this...

Also you should be aware, I'm not real good with peer pressure, you aren't helping.

The Icon's come with another leaf to either swap out or add in depending on the set up you choose, which I was ok with, it would allow me to change the rear as I build the truck. On the other hand like you said, there are a lot of people talking about the deaver and how great they are. To be honest I never considered the longer shackle to lower it down with the +3 deavers, that's not going to screw with the geometry too much? Which shackle? Eventually I would go back to a standard length shackle when I get the front end dialed in.

I'm not sure what to do with the front end yet. Gieser, Eibach, or collars. I know it seems like a waste when I know I'll change it later but I was thinking of collars so I can adjust the front as I get the rear set up. I've seen several posts stating that after 1.75 of spring perch it makes the stock spring stiffer/harsher riding then a Geiser or Eibach and it might be better to change springs at that point. I would use the "adjustable" to help determine if I would go with a spring option giving me a 2.5 raise, or change out the entire assembly for 0-2 inch lift. I'd like to have a slight rake when I'm done. Done being a term used loosely, it really means I've run out of parts to put on for the time being.

I've read your build thread and a lot of others since I signed up a year ago, there is a lot of good info on this site, as I've been getting closer to starting to modify mine I've been asking more questions of members like yourself that have already done so much to their trucks. Thank you for your time answering some of my questions and giving your input.

I ran the sdhq shackles while I was mucking with ride height, and trying to pretend that I wasn't going to go all the way with the suspension. they did not mess with the geometry. It would be a good idea to strap the rear though. With the drop shackles, the shock will be the droop limiter 100%. (it is really close with stock length shackles and IMO limit straps aren't a terrible idea for a stock truck with +3 deavers as a cheap bit of shock insurance.)

I will most likely throw them back on at some point. I have a bunch of testing to do once I get my truck back.

I'm the worst with peer pressure. Everyone needs motivation sometimes.