Bump Stop Kits/Springs Review and Advice Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK So I just picked up the new Live valve 3.0 shocks and looking to install them in January. Here is what I use my truck for...
1) Daily Driving bed empty
2) Desert Fun Blasting -- Spare tire, jack, tools, 10 extra gallons of fuel, cooler, Leitner rack empty
3) Adventure Fun (SLOW off road) -- ALL the above items plus 360 pound motorcycle and some extra gear and some stuff in the leitner rack and maybe a tent up top
4) Towing -- All items from number 2 with a 3000#, very limited tongue weight trailer.

I think in this scenario number 3 will be the heaviest load in the bed... What are your thoughts on springs and bump stops...

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon springs would be your best bet. You can configure it with the add a leaf they give you for whatever situation you’re it. Bumps is really whatever brand you like best. You might be able to get a deal on both the bumps and leafs on a deal if you go icon. I’m sure some of the vendors on here could help with pricing

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do not want to be taking springs apart to use truck
Get a 4 x 2.5inch bump stop and some nitrogen and you can dial in suspension.

Reaction score
I went ahead with Icons Leaf Kit and their bump stop kit. I’m currently running their “option 2” for the leafs which is capable of withholding 400 lbs without any sag. Works great and feels awesome while off-roading. With the extra weight, I’ll engage with bump stops while going over medium sized whoops so if you drive your truck hard, I would highly recommend to avoid any frame damage.

2018 Raptor with Icons Stage 4 Setup.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its what I do Ryan, but on with your internet story. If you are going to be a fiction writer get a different forum

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dewalt, why would you be tuning suspension based on a bump stop??? My understanding is they are designed for bottoming resistance in the final part of the stroke..
I had my suspension tuned by RPG when I installed the bumpstops. They informed me that with the bumpstop kit they want me using all my travel on the suspension so they tuned it so I go through all the travel and have the bumpstops super progressive spring rate

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump stops are not designed as a add a leaf. They can be used temporarily for towing if the kit is designed for it like SVC. I have icons set to option 2 and SVC bump kit. The stock leafsprings suck big-time.