Bump steer ‘13 screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT13

Reaction score
Hello everyone first time poster here. I am having an issue with my ‘13 screw maybe someone here can shed some light on. I have a significant amount of bump steer when driving my truck offroad and on the street as well. So bad that its amount undrivable in the dirt mainly on washboard roads. In the streets I experience mainly when pulling in or out of a driveway at an angle. Not so much when doing it straight on. Only suspension modifications i have is eibach springs in the front and a camber/caster kit on the lower control arms. I have a strong feeling it’s something to do with the alignment. I had one done a few months ago when i had a shop install the camber kit. But never took the truck offroad till this past weekend and it was not enjoyable. The steering was fighting me the whole time almost feels like power steering is lost momentarily everything i would hit a small rut or bump. If anyone has any ideas or knows a shop in the Los angeles area that can help id greatly appreciate!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, ummm, why a caster kit on the lower control arms? Or did you mean a slot delete kit, which locks the lower control arms in place? There are lots of shops in the LA area, I've been to a few of them, that know Raptor stuff, Outlaw Offroad, RPG, SVC, and Westside Offroad Group.

OP
OP
B

BlueSVT13

Reaction score
This is the kit i have. A5C48B9C-4E79-46C4-A5D8-484D63B332CD.png I got it after i installed the eibach springs to allow for better adjustability when getting and alignment.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s a slot delete kit. That’s to stop movement of the lower control arm bolts when off-roading hard. Do you have adjustable upper control arms now?

OP
OP
B

BlueSVT13

Reaction score
I have stock uppers. You think some aftermarket adjustable UCA’s would help? Or can the stock UCA’s be adjusted?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have stock uppers. You think some aftermarket adjustable UCA’s would help? Or can the stock UCA’s be adjusted?
Those can still be adjusted, as far as I know, but it would be a pain, I’m guessing. There’s some smart alignment guys on here who forgot more than I know.

OP
OP
B

BlueSVT13

Reaction score
Do you have your last alignment printout?
Im pretty sure i tossed it a while back… but if I remember correctly the shop that did the alignment got it as close to factory specs as possible. I’ll try to find it, might still be in my truck. Are alignment specs different between a stock height truck and a leveled truck??