Bullet Proof Antenna Mount and Chase Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noplacelikeloam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share my weekend antics. Installed a BPD dual antenna third brake mount with chase lights. All in, about $500.

Super easy install, wired back to Aux 6 through the cab pass through wires. The lights are on/off, so I added a strobe module behind the rear seat which can be configured as I like. Antennas are dual NMO so can run two radios at the same time. Running a NR770HBNMO Mobile Antenna 2m/70cm, NMO, 40in currently for HAM. Both radios (FTM500 pre-ordered and PCI on the way) will be installed behind the rear seat with everything grounded at the inverter ground. So far so good!

Attachments

• DLLR.mov
    3.6 MB
  • NTLR.mov
    2.7 MB

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I have the same light with one antenna mount. Would you mind sharing the link for the strobe module, easy install?

OP
OP
Noplacelikeloam

Noplacelikeloam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all this, I decided to go in a different direction (GJ) and am now selling the BPD dual antenna third brake mount with lights including the strobe module. Posted for sale in Garage Sale section, but PM me if you are interested.

OP
OP
Noplacelikeloam

Noplacelikeloam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Noplacelikeloam I'm curious how you decided to mount your antenna without the BPD? What made you change your mind? Torn between a hood mount and a BPD mount for my F150 Tremor.
I went with GJ Motorsports in the end. I wanted brighter lights and only really need one antenna. BPD is a great option mind you. I would buy one again in a heartbeat for the antenna mount. It looks OEM.

Dameatz

Reaction score
@Noplacelikeloam I see you ended up going with a different setup for brighter lights, but I was wondering if you found these to be suitable for chase lights in general. Im interested in getting the BPD for the OEM look but am concerned that they wont really be visible during the day through dust. How was your experience with them?

OP
OP
Noplacelikeloam

Noplacelikeloam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Noplacelikeloam I see you ended up going with a different setup for brighter lights, but I was wondering if you found these to be suitable for chase lights in general. Im interested in getting the BPD for the OEM look but am concerned that they wont really be visible during the day through dust. How was your experience with them?
They aren't that bright TBH, but its all relative. They will do ok at most speeds but if you are hauling I would go brighter.