Builtright rear seat release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed the builtright seat latch and the lanyard seems kinda short. The top of the pull hoop barely reaches the top of the seat. Definitely not enough material to lay on the top of the seat. Anyone else have this same issue?

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed the builtright seat latch and the lanyard seems kinda short. The top of the pull hoop barely reaches the top of the seat. Definitely not enough material to lay on the top of the seat. Anyone else have this same issue?
Yeah, I don't think it's supposed to hang over the seat. It just kinda hangs back there for you to yank on when needed.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think it's supposed to hang over the seat. It just kinda hangs back there for you to yank on when needed.
I think your right however mine seems a little short. Its kinda difficult to grab the hole.

A picture on their site from obviously another year truck but the pull strap is way longer. I drew a red line where the top of my strap is.
1652225595128.png

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Put one of these on my Gen 2 and was bit dissappointed (not in the product). The room behind the seat wasn’t big enough to get excited about. Any more room in the Gen 3 to justify a rear seat release? Anybody have any pictures?

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The room behind the seat isn't really that much, however, it plenty enough for a handgun or other valuables. I've transferred mine from the last 3 trucks. I'm hoping it fits the 2022. The latches look the same in pictures.

ON EDIT; I contacted Builtright. They were kind enough to reply and said that my old one will work on the Gen3. So, it'll be in truck #4 now.

Last edited:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got mine delivered along with the front antenna and popped the rear seat and there is no room back there at all. The Amp and the Subwoofer take all the space up? Maybe I missed this? Do not buy this if you have a Gen 3 and upgraded sound system? lol