Built but on chip hold now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One can only guess. There’s a thread with a bunch of folks that had the same status as you. You’d be better off reading & posting there for info. Use the search engine. GL

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This varies from a couple of weeks to a few months. There's no way to predict when it will be ready to ship since we don't know what the chip supply or replenishment looks like on Ford's end.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fun times... I kinda hope it doesn't come till after winter now but who knows...
I hope for your sake that it comes sooner rather than later! I will be in the same boat at some point with my '23.

I was very fortunate when I bought my '21. I found an incoming stock unit at a dealer who sold it to me for exactly MSRP. I only had to wait about 3 weeks for it to arrive. I feel like I'll be the guy waiting 11 months this time around...

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dec 2/21 order. 2022 801A 37PP fully loaded. Finally built but now on damn chip hold. What has the usual timing been for chips?
Mine was on chip hold for 2 months, then an undetermined hold for another month and a half, has now been sitting at the rail yard for a month... My best advice is just forget it even exists until it comes in. If not, you'll turn into a raving lunatic like me.. lol

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the Bronco line is different, but we waited over 6 months for my wife's bronco on chip hold, hope it is much faster for you than that!

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Ya, chip hold is only one delay, delivery is often the next. Some are sitting awaiting shipping for months right now. Trucker shortage is real. Mine took over two months just sitting finished awaiting to get on a transit truck. I ordered Oct 8, 21, was built and released to shipper Dec 13, 21(no chip issue) and received Feb 22 and it was a 35" and limted options just how I wanted it and to get it as fast as possible. So if you have options they are having supply issues with, then it really slows the process down. Chip hold trucks get built without the chips, moved out of assembly over to a "hold" lot, when they finally get chips to allocate to finished trucks on chip hold they have to go get the truck off the lot, take it to another building/warehouse outside of assembly to install the "chip" which is usually actually some "black box" that requires them to gain access to that area to install. Then get it QC'd outside of normal assembly line, etc. See the delays...