Built 11/1/22 and on hold because of......Ford Hard Folding Tonneau Cover??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfreedom97

Reaction score
So, no one understands why my truck hasn't moved out of Dearborn since it was built 11/1/22. This includes my dealer, Ford Performance, etc.

Today, my dealer (working with the GM who's a friend directly) told me that he believes the hold is because of the dang hard folding tonneau cover I ordered on the truck. There's nothing anyone can do to delete the tonneau cover so the truck gets moving.

My question: has anyone else had this issue as a hold up? This seems insane to me that an accessory that can easily be left off is why this truck has been sitting for as long as it has....

TIA

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, no one understands why my truck hasn't moved out of Dearborn since it was built 11/1/22. This includes my dealer, Ford Performance, etc.

Today, my dealer (working with the GM who's a friend directly) told me that he believes the hold is because of the dang hard folding tonneau cover I ordered on the truck. There's nothing anyone can do to delete the tonneau cover so the truck gets moving.

My question: has anyone else had this issue as a hold up? This seems insane to me that an accessory that can easily be left off is why this truck has been sitting for as long as it has....

TIA
Happened to a bunch of us in the first months of 21 orders.

OP
OP
sfreedom97

sfreedom97

Reaction score
Happened to a bunch of us in the first months of 21 orders.
Looking back, are you glad you got the factory hard folding tonneau cover? Or would you have rather gotten your truck sooner without it and gone 3rd party for a tonneau cover?

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking back, are you glad you got the factory hard folding tonneau cover? Or would you have rather gotten your truck sooner without it and gone 3rd party for a tonneau cover?
thats a toss up because looking back it was more than just holds for that or chips. i probably would not order it again? its a bakflip anyways under another name. crpshoot at best

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always get the stealership to put accessories on rather than the factory. That's what my salesman told me, so I had them install everything once it arrived. I have the hard tri fold cover from Ford and I like it.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Always get the stealership to put accessories on rather than the factory. That's what my salesman told me, so I had them install everything once it arrived. I have the hard tri fold cover from Ford and I like it.
Neither the factory or the dealership are going to give you the best price on any accessory. That Bakflip could have been purchased from Real Truck on here and installed by the owner for far less.

Your salesman was totally looking out for your best interests though, I'm sure. ;)

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Neither the factory or the dealership are going to give you the best price on any accessory. That Bakflip could have been purchased from Real Truck on here and installed by the owner for far less.

Your salesman was totally looking out for your best interests though, I'm sure. ;)
My bad. I can't read and don't have a very good grasp on the English language. I thought he was talking about speeding up delivery, not what it cost. And thank you so much for assuming. Have you not seen the original Bad News Bears?

Last edited: